X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruyff Quotes

http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...ff-quotes.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

23. I find it terrible when talents are rejected based on computer stats. Based on the criteria at Ajax now I would have been rejected. When I was 15, I couldn’t kick a ball 15 meters with my left and maybe 20 with my right. My qualities technique and vision, are not detectable by a computer.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I’m not religious. In Spain all 22 players make the sign of the cross before they enter the pitch. If it works all matches must therefore end in a draw.Hey, I say this all the time. I recalled a game where Chicarito started and was praying as he normally does and the cameraman showed an opponent finishing his prayers and making the sign of the cross. I was curious whose prayer would be answered.
      Technique is not being able to juggle a ball 1000 times. Anyone can do that by practicing. Then you can work in the circus. Technique is passing the ball with one touch, with the right speed, at the right foot of your team mate.

That is why I was never impressed with a man juggling. I've always said, do it in a game and then you get my respect.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

16. We must make sure their worst players get the ball the most. You’ll get it back in no time.

Funny that is something I used in games a lot. I know I am playing a weak player, I give them the space to get the ball because the chances of you getting it is higher.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

20. Players today can only shoot with their laces. I could shoot with the inside, laces, and outside of both feet. In other words, I was six times better than today’s players.

And them say Pele wouldn't be a big baller today
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            20. Players today can only shoot with their laces. I could shoot with the inside, laces, and outside of both feet. In other words, I was six times better than today’s players.

And them say Pele wouldn't be a big baller today
            Never said he wouldn't be big, just doubted he would score as much today as he did then.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Karl, this one is for you:

9. What is speed? The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster.

I love this one...
              12. When you play a match, it is statistically proven that players actually have the ball 3 minutes on average … So, the most important thing is: what do you do during those 87 minutes when you do not have the ball. That is what determines wether you’re a good player or not.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Imagine if he was playing in Barcelona with Messi and Neymar? Even me coulda score 5 goals a season. OOOOppps mi figget say Squarez deh deh

Comment

Jones was the first player that came ti,my mind when I read #3 & 16.

Comment

The same way he distigushed himself in that era would be the same way he would today,unless he is stucked in a time capsule of yesteryear.
                    Dat is why me nuh automatically bestow pon modern players ratings earned by Pele,they have to be the very best of the best.
                    We have at least ten players today that would be Pele-like if they were time travelers,from those ten one is the best ,that one is worthy of comparison..
                    Last edited by Rockman; February 8, 2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I suspect that was one thing be wasn't great at,and he never saw Ronaldinho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                        Karl, this one is for you:

9. What is speed? The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster.
                        That is fact, if timing - mind and your pace is on the mark.

...but what happens if your mind or pace is not up to scratch? You are beaten to the ball!

Look Jangle: Think on this: All other things are equal save pace=speed across ground? Who 'wins'?

I love this one...
                        12. When you play a match, it is statistically proven that players actually have the ball 3 minutes on average … So, the most important thing is: what do you do during those 87 minutes when you do not have the ball. That is what determines wether you’re a good player or not.
                        Fact!
                        ...and thus movement...sensible movement...TEAM movement (tactical understanding and following act) is huge!!!

btw - Did you notice the tremendous number of comments the great Cruyff made on and about TEAM?
                        Last edited by Karl; February 8, 2015, 12:20 PM.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

...and that at 15? Bricktop's academy would have surely...

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          23. I find it terrible when talents are rejected based on computer stats. Based on the criteria at Ajax now I would have been rejected. When I was 15, I couldn’t kick a ball 15 meters with my left and maybe 20 with my right. My qualities technique and vision, are not detectable by a computer.
                          ...him out and Gamma's would have condemned him to extra-curricula school football
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Only need to juggle it three times... ask Kouyate!
                            Peter R

Comment

Working...
                            X