Who vetoed Whitmore's plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who vetoed Whitmore's plan?

"For a football organization to succeed, it must have four basic pillars: good management, good players, good facilities, and adequate finance.

Most teams trained for this tournament for over two years, played up to 30 international practice matches, and sent their U-20 team to the Pan American tournament.

Instead, Jamaica sent their U-23 team to the Pan American tournament, with four older players, and besides a guest appearance in the Central American (UNCAF) Under 20 Championships, played only two international matches- against Cuba - days before the tournament."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports3.html
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Boycott!
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Correction, they played 5 international games also the qualifying games.

Regardless the article still ask questions that need to be answer but let us get the facts right.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Correction, they played 5 international games also the qualifying games.

Regardless the article still ask questions that need to be answer but let us get the facts right.
        That is what the author is incorrectly referring to as the UNCAF tournamet below.

"Besides a guest appearance in the Central American (UNCAF) Under-20 Championships, played only two international matches - against Cuba - days before the tournament."

Comment

This is why they like having Whitmore on staff. Becuase they can deny him of everything and there are no consequences.

Comment

...agree FULL 100 the preparation was inadequate...but the

performances also showed the teaching was awful!

Why the players although not match fit repeatedly did 'silly things'! If the teaching was good (and the learning also) then fitness, technical skills would be lacking...but tactical performance...or attempts at good tactical performance would be evident.

Example: Running...or crawling off the ball would show sensible purpose! ...TEAM structure would be often evident - yuh kno lacka a shape as unit when on attack or when on defense.

That is, the players would show they know what to do...but were just incapable of matching the opponents on fast feet, speed across ground, technical skills or endurance. That our players were lacking in those areas was evident...but the gap there was not too, too wide. (Hey the results suggests same )

Example: It was on the knowledge side that they messed up badly...e.g. too often dribbling when no need for same.

That is teaching deficiency - Was it drummed into the players head easiest method of getting by opponents was approach with friend=TEAM-mate and one-two around?

...e.g. TEAM structure too often 'broken'...huge gaps, poor spacing.
            That shows teaching deficiency.

Look if your opponent is better at fast feet, speed across ground...good sharing of the ball with good movement negates that to some extent....in any case it is best solution/answer to superior skills...i.e. good movement and sharing of the ball. ...to be fair poor technique/technical skills=poor passing skills...so 6 weeks or 6 months or a year cannot eliminate such technical deficiency....

...so yes, Tappa and his coaching staff had a mountain to climb but it also appears he and his staff did not tackle that task well...
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              This is why they like having Whitmore on staff. Becuase they can deny him of everything and there are no consequences.
              Yep people like Sass fall for that like white on rice
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

This "teaching" should have occurred in a development program from 7-16 y.o.

6 weeks with a coach and a few games cannot fix fundamental technical flaws

As I said b4 even the JC Manning side had MUCH better prep to play the likes of Jawges, Wolmers & Clarendon College... and would have been very competitive with or even better than that sorry, unprepared and jaded excuse for a U-20 team. We have poorer quality players....but a much more cohesive & spirited team
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

what are you talking about??? You make it up as you go along.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Your point has always been not all ciaches are equal,what Me said(to which Don1 agrees)is a tacit admission that Whitmore is not the ideal man for the job.

Comment

Yes, I may agree with that too. In football coaches also make difference and Whitmore didn't in this case. A lot is the fault of the JFF but he also knew what he was working with and I think there were coaches who could do better with a reasonable time and would demand it or walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        This "teaching" should have occurred in a development program from 7-16 y.o.

6 weeks with a coach and a few games cannot fix fundamental technical flaws

As I said b4 even the JC Manning side had MUCH better prep to play the likes of Jawges, Wolmers & Clarendon College... and would have been very competitive with or even better than that sorry, unprepared and jaded excuse for a U-20 team. We have poorer quality players....but a much more cohesive & spirited team
                        Were we being specific to the time Tappa had the squad?
                        I thought so. ...in any case, we have already agreed that preparation should have been over many years.

...my particular preference for preparation (excluding any delving into development ages 6+ outside of the national set-up) is World Age-Group Championship through to succeeding World Age-Age Group Championship. ...that was put forward many years past using model of our national senior team as I explained what our Reggaeboyz's needs are...and the model proposed was that used by England's senior team. (May have been written as long ago as 2002. In any case, it is on the main site).

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                        X