RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Things First.................................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Things First.................................

Every year we debate which is the best way to develop Jamaica’s youth footballers. Some think Jamaica should use an academy system and others think improving the school football system is better. Whatever your beliefs, Jamaica has to first remove the main hindrance to youth development and the overall development & growth of Jamaica’s football – The present JFF administration.

1. What is the JFF’s plan for the COMPREHENSIVE DEVELOPMENT & GROWTH of Jamaica’s football???

2. How does the JFF plan to promote & grow the ReggaeBoyz brand, to attract much need sponsors & corporate partners???

Ub40
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That is what I will hold Burrell and company responsible for, not the technical aspect. The least they have to concentrate on, the more time they should have to do what the are suppose to do and they are not doing a good job at it.

Let Admin stick to admin and get real technical people to deal with technical aspect of the game.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You do know that USSF is responsible for the technical development of our players, because there is a national soccer program that was developed, implemented & managed by the USSF......When the coach gets the team, they are responsible for making sure that the players effectively & efficiently execute the tactical aspect of the game......If the team is technically deficient then they cannot effectively & efficiently execute the tactical aspect of the game.

Comment

the previous JFF administration didn't do much better...

Comment

No the plan is developed by the technical team which is spearheaded by the National coaches, and other technicians in consultation with the teams and other coaches. It is approved by the Admin. You same one told me Klingsmann is at the forefront of change in US Soccer.

The people who are the Admin have their work to do, but yes they put rubber stamp on the plans.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Prepared by the US Youth Soccer Coaching Education Department

Sam Snow, Director of Coaching

In association with the US Youth Soccer Coaching Committee

With support from the US Youth Soccer Board of Directors, US Youth Soccer Recreation Committee, US Youth Soccer Referee Committee, 55 US Youth Soccer State Association Technical Directors and the U.S. Soccer Technical Advisors

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/...ment_Model.pdf

Comment

ONCE AGAIN - U.S. Soccer is responsible for the overall development & growth of soccer in the United States.......If the U.S. teams fail it is ultimately U.S. Soccer’s Board of Directors, led by president Sunil Gulati, who will be held accountable, because they are the ones that hire the technical committee, technical directors & head coaches.

Before the most talented youth players reach the national team level (first is U14) they must achieve & display a strong level of TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY, and that is the job of the youth academy teams. The primary responsibility of U.S. Soccer's national head coaches is developing & implementing their TACTICAL plan (The Game Plan) for the team........If players are NOT TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT before being called to national duty, how can they effectively & efficiently execute the national head coach’s TACTICAL plan???

The U.S. men's national teams are U14, U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, U20, U21/23 & MNT, and only 2 coaches Klinsmann & Ramos are a part of the Technical Committee.

Klinsmann's big push, which I support, is to make sure that the best academy talent don't end up in college, and that has given rise to the partnership between MLS & USL Pro.
                Last edited by USAF; February 5, 2015, 12:44 AM.

Comment

You know that U.S. Youth Soccer is NOT U.S. Soccer???.......They are 2 separate organizations.

Comment

Again it is the technical committee which is made up of coaches and technical people designs the plan and administrators approves it.

You wouldn't want those administrators to develop a plan. It simple nuh work so. Yes they are accountable as any CEO or head of organization but the plan is developed by the technical people which includes the coaches. If the technical committee develop a faulty plan the CEO can get rid of them and sometimes have to walk the plank.

The US admit that for years they were not developing individual skills as they should, who you think recommend the changes?? The technical committee. So if you have a poor technical committee or poor coaches developing your plan, the plan is going to be POOR.

Comment

Yep I was showing you a model for development.

Comment

With the same alloted time on the job?
                        But you do raise an overlooked aspect of the mess,the mechanism is in place to replace the freaking despot,why is it not working,why is it Burrell gets multiple bites at the apple when his replacement only gets one?
                        It can't be his delicious bakery food items,maybe it is his larger than life regional portforlio at FIFA that hasn't made an iota of a difference..
                        The adulating football parish councils are not helpful either,their interest isn't..
                        Burrell would be forced to pull the shutters down if Captain Bakery had the same track record his JFF has,unless it is heavily subsidized.

Comment

While I think Burrell should go, let me ask, who is going to step up? The parish associations are having huge problems which includes KSAFA and I think this is where the leadership has to come from.

Rocky check the history of JFF, go back to the 80s when Hugh Perry of Portland resigned, the organization was in pieces then and before. Check when the early 90s and see. Most of these parish association can't find a sponsor for their major league. My team came second in Portland D2 in the 80s and they couldn't pay us the prize money. St.mary at one time had no money to pay for the league and I know others did.

I bet you this, get rid of Burrell in the short term without no planning and it will be worst. It is frustrating to work with these organization and it is no wonder Burrell can remain on top. Who were the leaders thinking of running against Burrell, last time around, look at their history. We simply need better quality leaders and people who have football at heart. JFF has been a dysfunctional organization for far too long.

Comment

Burrell is quite good at holding coaches accountable for not showing up with ample water in the straw basket he provides,when are we going to hold Burrell accountable for failing to achieve the objectives?
                            Rather than have Burrell vs someone,let us increase pool(someone vs someone),by removing Burrell from selection,the incentive is there to do well if there is a reward system in place,ergo the stipulations attached to term limits.
                            We are talking about relationships as in those foster by a new JFF president and the football parish councils,we can't continue doing nothing.

Comment

Rocky knowing your history will tell you a lot. Holding him accountable is one thing. We tend to hold some people accountable and cry for change but don't provide the leadership. Case and point. I remember when I was cheering for my teacher's husband and a Portland man to be JFF president, way back in time and it was a big disappointment to me. Karl can tell what happen during the time of Hugh Perry's leadership, and what happen under(I think it was) James.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica...all_Federation

We need real changes, JFF has been dysfunctional for way too long. Burrell and his leadership is a part of a chronic shortage of leaders in the JFF and its affiliates.
                              Last edited by Assasin; February 5, 2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X