RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Academies - Schools - clubs - teams: Our high schools can't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academies - Schools - clubs - teams: Our high schools can't?

Again broad sweeping statements based on 'air'!

...however, let us skip the matter of high schools 'certifying' coaches?
    Is it not about competence of the teachers as coaches?

Once more back to the basic question: What is the point of schools if the instructors/teachers/coaches are 'blind' = ignorant of subject matter and on how to teach?

...let's ask the question another way: What is the point of teaching youngsters the wrong thing? ...what good comes out of so doing?

---------

Aside: Sass, Paul and Gamma now extol the merits of the coaching courses they attended as wonderful teaching=coaching experiences and I suppose we are to assume or conclude that they are now qualified teachers=coaches and if they work at coaching=teaching footballers they shall produce competent players and TEAMs...?

Right?
    - Not one of them actually uttered words saying the courses attended were "wonderful teaching courses". Is it a stretch to assume that is what each would like us to believe?

If we recall our Jamaica coaches have taken more advanced courses and it may be reasonable to assume they have had continuing education
    since each coach's last course...what then prevents them from producing competent players and TEAMs?

Could Sass, Gamma or Paul do a better job at coaching one of our national TEAMs? ...or one of schoolboy or schoolgirl or local club team?

Maybe...but would it be down to the courses they attended?
    Last edited by Karl; February 3, 2015, 07:18 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

If you are going to talk about player development, and your premise of developing players starts at age 11 (i.e. high school age in JA), your national program is D.O.A. End of story.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
      If you are going to talk about player development, and your premise of developing players starts at age 11 (i.e. high school age in JA), your national program is D.O.A. End of story.

Agreed if I did!
      ...but as I did not...and never have?

My above post addresses the 'can't do' attitude as focus!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X