No announcement yet.

JFF seeking practice games for U-17s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coach makes the call and set his plan in action. That is all I ask. I will not dictate to coaches but I know a well coached team when I see it, win or lose.

Some coaches may not need two years and can make a difference, others will not so there is no set 2 year time frame. Some coaches will have team for 4 months and get better results than another who have it for 4 years.

However we do need a much better developmental program which involves stakeholders with coaches playing a central role, sharing resources and the wealth of their knowledge.

My question to you is, if the under 17 could be prepared like this, why not the Under 20???? and take in consideration that Andrew Edwards(you may rather that than Colour) was off the island for about 5 months earlier this year.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When did Edwards become head coach of the U17 team???

Comment

Earlier last year. If you realize most of the former u15 players are not currently with the under 17. I doubt there are 5 remaining. He made a lot of changes to what was there. If you need exact dates I can find it too.

Now can you also answer my question?? Don't be like Don1 flying 50 questions and afraid to answer one.

Why couldn't the u20 do what Edwards is doing.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

First things First..

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          yeah I notice you like to hear what you want to hear, not the reality. You can prepare for 2 years and still not ready. It is all about the quality of preparation.
          1. Your contention that none except "rich countries" prepare national youth teams for 2 years is.... GARBAGE

2. Considering this above JA average prep of the U-17s and the SHAMBOLIC 3 month occasional get-togethers of the U-20s... Your blaming the U-20 coaches for their pathetic display is IGNORANT or DISINGENUOUS

Now that's out of the way... Any questions?
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So much for your understanding of coaching and football. Can you do me a favor and show me where most of these players have been with the program for 2 years??? Andrew Edwards was appointed early last year.

Don't make a little press release fool you. you can see the difference and intensity with the preparation, scouting and recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
              When did Edwards become head coach of the U17 team???
              I read somewhere that he took up the position last summer or later...if I recall correctly. I'm open to correction tho

If this is correct... Sass would have us believe that from wherever he was... he DEMANDED from the JFF good prep work for the U-17s. He was so persuasive that for ~18 month prior to taking over the team he got the JFF to comply

This is incredible

Either Sass is on some synthetic high grade....or the coach has something over Burrell

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Andrew Edwards was appointed Early last year and he went on a course in Germany for the better part of about 5 months. He didn't start working with the team intensely until about July -August.

LET US GET THAT STRAIGHT.

Andrew is smart, intense and have the ability to learn and adapt. He will not take crap, he will walk if they try foolishness.

Comment

Sass your argument is destroyed... it's proved by your own contradictory words to be RUBBISH. i.e. You're hoist by your own petard

Kindly tek whe yuhself before yuh lose whatever little credibility is left

Comment

That is a question for the JFF & their Technical Committee who is responsible for the technical development of the players & arranging practice games & training sessions.

The ReggaeBoyz have 2 big competitions this year, it's February and I haven't seen or heard of them playing any "competitive" practice games in the next 2 months.....That's the JFF & their Technical Committee's fault , not Winnie.

Comment

To be fair, how many countries you see playing friendlies now?? Winnie tell you that he will be working with local players and meeting them on a regular basis so they can be fit and prepared. That is not an initiative by the JFF but the coach himself.

Comment

Andrew Edwards was appointed Early last year and he went on a course in Germany for the better part of about 5 months. He didn't start working with the team intensely until about July -August.

LET US GET THAT STRAIGHT.

Andrew is smart, intense and have the ability to learn and adapt. He will not take crap, he will walk if they try foolishness.
                        Thanks you just confirmed what I posted..
                        As I said he took charge of the team late Summer... Then has weaved his magic since then

You're definitely passionate fi Colour. Yuh suh full ah praise fi dis Colour dat mi affi start kall yuh Colourful...

woooiiieee mi chromatic palette!!

Comment

Assasin don't realize that what he's demanding that national coaches do is removing responsibility & accountability from the JFF & their Technical Committee. What national coaches should focus on is devising and effectively & efficiently implementing a TACTICAL plan, that will make the national TEAM successful.

Comment

Again show me how many countries have their u17 National kids in camps for two years. Show that to me

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Again show me how many countries have their u17 National kids in camps for two years. Show that to me

Thanks in advance.
                              I need show you nothing..... YOU already conceded that Jamaica had U-17 kids in a 2 yr development program

Now kindly guh oneside... mi nuh ave nuh more time fi try process yuh rubbish

Comment

No just show to prove that you are actually talking sense as you accuse others of talking nonesense all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X