Paul on the F course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul on the F course

Paul funny you are talking about your soccer program. I don’t want to post this under your post since you might miss it. I have coached adults and college kids and my kids in Recreation soccer a few years ago. Never really did any formal training. My college days qualify me to sit the D license but I didn’t have the need. I recently decided to do the F license for my kids specifically for U10 and U12. I wanted to see what they had to offer.

We spent 4 hours in the classroom and 4 hours on the field running drills, warmup and scrimmaging. We spoke about the little things that made difference and share info with the instructor been one of the top coaches at Top Hat soccer club (Top Hat is considered the top girls program in Georgia and they only have girls team). The instructor was a female with a lot of experience.

The fact is you leave with resources to run practice and get any drill. You learn easy tools that your kids can use to develop their skills. Some of these I will definitely use for my kids. I know that with what I learn and the available resources I can help my kids and if and when I have time, it will make me a better coach.

A few things the coach said ,
    1. Never be afraid to take other people concept as all coaches are thieves as they use other people’s formula and tweek it. There is not revolutionary about coaching but it is how you use the resources you have. Use things that work.

2. If two kids are equal and going for the national team, she was told some selector, they would most likely go with the kid that can use both feet.

3. As parents don’t yell at the refs. There is always a shortage, and if you yell at the kids who are willing you to do it, you may just turn them off, no chance of them developing their skill for the future and that means more bad refs.

4. Kids that age don’t need to be doing laps, instead you work the physical exercise within the training.

In all it is good course and the price was very small, but it had a national curriculum and will be helpful to me. I know it some people never like to hear follow anything American but it spell sense to learn from others, American, German, Brazilian, English, anybody and tailor it to fit our needs.
    This course was co-operation between The GA soccer association, and clubs.

The fee at best was very small. I can tell you I will use the resources they give me and I can tell you if my kids decide to continue playing this game it will not make them a robot. The big difference I see is some of the thing we do with instinct, really have a name and step to learn them and be consistent with them.
    Last edited by Karl; February 3, 2015, 11:19 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

One time gone dem used to juss hand out the D license, now US a tek di ting serious. Mi need fi go inna one dem course to as mi son dem a reach di age fi play.

Comment

Same here. Mine was an FA level 1 course I believe. It helped me big time coaching kids and preparing my own by providing the fundamentals

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        One time gone dem used to juss hand out the D license, now US a tek di ting serious. Mi need fi go inna one dem course to as mi son dem a reach di age fi play.
        It's funny you say that - I am in the middle of the D right now. I completed the D-1 a few weeks ago and now have to do the D-2 in the next 2 months. They are DEFINITELY not handing it out anymore for joke. The material is very challenging, but good.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Paul funny you are talking about your soccer program. I don’t want to post this under your post since you might miss it. I have coached adults and college kids and my kids in Recreation soccer a few years ago. Never really did any formal training. My college days qualify me to sit the D license but I didn’t have the need. I recently decided to do the F license for my kids specifically for U10 and U12. I wanted to see what they had to offer.
          We spent 4 hours in the classroom and 4 hours on the field running drills, warmup and scrimmaging. We spoke about the little things that made difference and share info with the instructor been one of the top coaches at Top Hat soccer club (Top Hat is considered the top girls program in Georgia and they only have girls team). The instructor was a female with a lot of experience.
          The fact is you leave with resources to run practice and get any drill. You learn easy tools that your kids can use to develop their skills. Some of these I will definitely use for my kids. I know that with what I learn and the available resources I can help my kids and if and when I have time, it will make me a better coach.
          A few things the coach said ,
          1. Never be afraid to take other people concept as all coaches are thieves as they use other people’s formula and tweek it. There is not revolutionary about coaching but it is how you use the resources you have. Use things that work.
          2. If two kids are equal and going for the national team, she was told some selector, they would most likely go with the kid that can use both feet.
          3. As parents don’t yell at the refs. There is always a shortage, and if you yell at the kids who are willing you to do it, you may just turn them off, no chance of them developing their skill for the future and that means more bad refs.
          4. Kids that age don’t need to be doing laps, instead you work the physical exercise within the training.
          In all it is good course and the price was very small, but it had a national curriculum and will be helpful to me. I know it some people never like to hear follow anything American but it spell sense to learn from others, American, German, Brazilian, English, anybody and tailor it to fit our needs.
          This course was co-operation between The GA soccer association, and clubs. The fee at best was very small. I can tell you I will use the resources they give me and I can tell you if my kids decide to continue playing this game it will not make them a robot. The big difference I see is some of the thing we do with instinct, really have a name and step to learn them and be consistent with them.
          Yes Sass - Top Hat!! They beat up everybody! They have a little girl (U16 I believe) named Rachel Jones (I think) originally from Jamaica that is balling everybody. Her brother played for Jamaica U17 a few years ago. I recommend you take your licenses and keep educating your self. It makes (for me) the game more enjoyable as you are now looking at games from a different point of view. Unfortunately, you will still buss your head xplaining certain things to certain people.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

To be honest , i fear for these kids that have poor teachers with certifications , how do they gaurd against things like that Paul.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
              To be honest , i fear for these kids that have poor teachers with certifications , how do they gaurd against things like that Paul.
              You can't. But I can tell you the material they are covering in the US Soccer trainings I have been to is useful. There are good coaches and bad coaches at every level...but having options is the key.

Comment

Suh dem gi yuh and Sass liscence fi kill....ahh sah, master yuh learning curve , dont end up like the yute coach.

Sincerly good luck.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  Suh dem gi yuh and Sass liscence fi kill....ahh sah, master yuh learning curve , dont end up like the yute coach.

Sincerly good luck.
                  License fi "kill"? No...more like license fi "kill yuh!"

Comment

Scolari and Fergie did ave liscene, like mi say good luck sincerly..hehe

Comment

yeah man it is a serious program that. You know parents can't even go to training? All their age groups are at the very top in GA.

Yeah I will take a few more courses in time. Good to see you stepping up your education of the game.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

what is the alternative?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

how did they make it through the ranks? plus that was at a time when not as much emphasis was placed on certification and after a while, how do you tell fergie he needs to get a licence?

it is unlikely (though not impossible) that coaches will come through the ranks and end up at the top of the pile in that manner these days

Comment

You don't have to fear that too much. First is you have to learn to be a parent. Don't jump into everything the coach says. You work with your kids on the thing the coach not doing. If you see thing you don't like, then talk to the coach one-a-way after training. If it continue you talk to his boss and then there is always another club.

Many of the coaches now are subjected to creativity. One thing I didn't like is many of the better players end up playing defense at this stage and one of my son was very upset about it. I talk to the coach, but everybody want their kids to be forward. They let him had some game upfront and he has learned to accept a bit more defensive responsibility. It made him a more rounded player. We have different coaches and people complain to the team managers about some of the coaches and some are relieved of their jobs and replaced.

At my team they have additional skill training one day a week for different "bruks", headers, volleys, etc.

Comment

I can tell you that I coached Roark Brown who got award for Best goal in the 1987 National Premier League playing for St. Georges United. He migrated the next year. Now imagine if mi did have mi license then??? He would have the Drogba before Drogba .

Comment

Working...
                              X