To the more experienced manning cup followers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the more experienced manning cup followers

Does anyone recall any of the players from JC's 63 manning cup winning side?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Who was the coach?
    Deryck Tomlinson?

If so - the stand out player for me was Peter Morgan - now the Rev. Peter Morgan. Fast, good technical skills and deft finishing! ...could have been a star - world star! Do not think as schoolboy there was a world player faster than Peter over 20 yards...zero through 40 yards!!!! ...appeared to my youthful eyes that he would have dipped under 4.00 secs for that first 40!!!

Houston McTair or Shelly-Ann type separation which would be great on getting to the ball first!!!

I think there was Dyer in midfield... (?)

...mmmm? ...could that have been earlier????
    Was '63 the last year MC won D'Cup?
    Now who the hell did we play for the Olivier Shield?
    Last edited by Karl; February 2, 2015, 10:18 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you recall Garth White? came on as a sub against Wolmers with JC 2-0 down....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Cannot even remember that name. I seem to remember there was a McGarth or McGath?...
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ok.

he was also related to fairy boots i am told. g white he was known as i think.

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

Aks Bruised Gelding....

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              Does anyone recall any of the players from JC's 63 manning cup winning side?

..He had a front row seat after he upgraded himself

“When I entered JC in sixth form, it was challenging because I was entering this noble institution where I was among classmates who had had five years of immersion in the tradition and culture of the school,” said the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) member. “You weren’t quite sure if you were going to fit into the scheme of things or whether those things were going to fit you. “I also felt that experience entering JC at that particular time stimulating because I came upon an intellectual ferment that I had not been exposed to anywhere before. I found myself at a place where the debates were of a different kind compared to St. George’s which had a strong reputation for structured debates.

At JC, the debates were called reasoning and you weren’t selected to be a debater. Instead, you found yourself drawn into discussion not about what happened at CHAMPS (high school track & field championship) or what the prospects for Manning Cup (annual soccer contest among high schools in Kingston, St. Andrew & St. Catherine parishes) were going to be. We were talking heavy stuff and getting into serious discussions about the society in which we were, what was happening in the wider world and the connection between the two.”

The year 1963 that Golding enrolled at JC was quite historic and eventful. -
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Nonsense.the discussions I had in sixth form were strikingly different crom the ones I became accustomed in lesser forms.
                My guess he has a chip on his shoulder for not making the grade requirements for entry in our sixth form whereas he had no problem getting into that other school.
                Now if only we cqn get you to take Vivian Blake too.

Comment

You can guess all you want... but if you have complaints about Golding's personal opinions...take them up with him

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Look,the thread starter is about Manning Cup,Bruce's excerpts are trivializing the importance of that sport,which you hold true and dear regarding the much talked about accomplishments of JC.We have to take that excerpt within the context it was said and the motivation behind it being posted.
                    Besides,the higher conciousness regarding discussions he was privy to at JC failed to make a difference in molding the disgraced leader into being acceptable.
                    The StGC reject found it beneficial to align himself with that particular school because of the drought existing there regarding worthy alumni,he would be lost in the rich pool we have,and you fell for it.

Comment

You're entitled to this opinion....silly as it is

Comment

Talk about silly,one can't respond to arricle posted,according to you,one should contact the author.
                        Also,Bruce somehow makes an ideal candidate to answer the question asked in the thread starter despite indications that football matters were not worthy discussions ...
                        The brute probably was still attending StGC games during his first few months in sixth form at JC,lol.

Comment

If yuh want im ... tek im. Mi nuh bizniz wid any yappin yuh waan carry on bout im opinions

Wi dun have one humongous line of national figures much more celebrated dan im

In fact the entire school is a national monument suh mi nuh ave tuh much time fi chat bout Gelding...yuhzimi?

Mi dun now

Comment

I was wondering was it JC or Georges that molded him into the mentally bankrupt leader he is , any thoughts guys ?...hehe
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                              I was wondering was it JC or Georges that molded him into the mentally bankrupt leader he is , any thoughts guys ?...hehe
                              we hosted him for 1 or 2 years...couldn't redeem him from the previous 5 ...apparently

Comment

Working...
                              X