No announcement yet.

A few random thoughts on Pool and Arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explain to me how he beats players down the wing. His game is not just move and pass. He beats people by turning and also off an explosive dribble.

He will pass the ball in the defensive third and make excellent runs through the middle to join in the offensive game. how is that slow?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

GEEZAS CHRIS' ... at least walcott has scored for the season even though he was out injured!!!

how do you renconcile this with ... sanchez' productivity let's say! you want a forward who can defend but not score goals? what the hell??!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        GEEZAS CHRIS' ... at least walcott has scored for the season even though he was out injured!!!

how do you renconcile this with ... sanchez' productivity let's say! you want a forward who can defend but not score goals? what the hell??!!!
        How do you get that wanting a forward who can defend but not score goals?

Yuh kno wat...yuh haul-ways lookin for inconsistency han dere-fore yuh fine dem wen dem don't heg-xist!

I wish Walcott as he is on attack plus being a tiger on defense! ...OK! I have given up on him ever trying hard on defense but Christ can't he try?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          How do you get that wanting a forward who can defend but not score goals?

Yuh kno wat...yuh haul-ways lookin for inconsistency han dere-fore yuh fine dem wen dem don't heg-xist!

I wish Walcott as he is on attack plus being a tiger on defense! ...OK! I have given up on him ever trying hard on defense but Christ can't he try?
          Cut out this foolishness about Walcott doesn't defend because its simply not true, he works hard for the team and is tactically disciplined or else he wouldn't be playing regularly.

Comment

well, you want walcott out (he is scoring goals) but don't want to write of balotelli yet (he ISN'T) scoring goals....and both are forwards. go figure..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              He doesn't play at the required work rate. One look at Sturridge yesterday and it was chalk and cheese. That said, I think playing him alongside Sturridge is worth exploring, but playing him with Sterling up top is not a good match.
              Yup you got it! ...that is the set up right there.
              Drop Sterling behind the front 2 - Sturridge & Balotelli!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                Cut out this foolishness about Walcott doesn't defend because its simply not true, he works hard for the team and is tactically disciplined or else he wouldn't be playing regularly.
                Did you see him defend in the last match?

...but you did see him fail to challenge for a high ball that was 2 feet to his left...and you did see hill switch off his man...and you did see him trot...slowly trot about 2 steps back after a ball was lost right near to him...and I could go on and on about his defensive efforts!!! The man is consistently missing whenever his TEAM loses the ball!!! We makes...conscious effort...refuse to believe it is anything other than conscious effort...to go missing in defense!!!

Replay the match!

Comment

well, you want walcott out (he is scoring goals) but don't want to write of balotelli yet (he ISN'T) scoring goals....and both are forwards. go figure..
                  Not fair comparison. What you say is true...but Balotelli is a goal-scorer who has not been getting regular games...and Walcott is also a goal-scorer. All goal-scorers can go off the boil...but if they assist on TEAM defense that does not go away.

Comment

of course it is not fair because it is an inconvenient truth ....

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Explain to me how he beats players down the wing. His game is not just move and pass. He beats people by turning and also off an explosive dribble.

He will pass the ball in the defensive third and make excellent runs through the middle to join in the offensive game. how is that slow?
                      What are you talking about?
                      His ability to win a foot race? ...or the man's speed of thought, good movement and quick feet?

I am saying judged by the fastest football players across ground...and compared to the faster footballers across ground at the EPL big TEAMs he is not all that across ground!!!!

...have no cause to question his speed of thought and his current movement - both on attack and defense!

Comment

of course it is not fair because it is an inconvenient truth ....
                        No!

No, because we are judging the complete player and potential for improvement.

Walcott is not trying on defense! Balotelli does!

The truth is I earlier wished Balotelli at our GUNNERS! ...with our supporting cast I think he would provide twice the value Walcott has ever provided.

Comment

Well what is more important? The smart midfielder run into position and don't have to be Walcott on the wing. The smart player read position and don't have to be at top speed most of the game. How many times you see YaYa Toure at Full speed?

Saying that he is still faster than many top midfielder in the game. How fast is Gerrard, Carrick, Barry, Fellani, Beckham and I could go on and on.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            Well what is more important? The smart midfielder run into position and don't have to be Walcott on the wing. The smart player read position and don't have to be at top speed most of the game. How many times you see YaYa Toure at Full speed?

Saying that he is still faster than many top midfielder in the game. How fast is Gerrard, Carrick, Barry, Fellani, Beckham and I could go on and on.
                            You do realize that each player is unique?
                            The most important thing one can wish for in a player is ability to contribute consistently to his TEAM.

Now his ability to so do rest on a combination of skills and mental ability. The question on which of his skills is more important is a 'nonsense question'. Remove one of those his skills and he is no longer the player he is.

...and so is improvement in any one of his skills!!! In this latter case, he becomes a better player!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X