RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arsenal v Aston Villa: Games like these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl please look away now

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...alcott-5078432

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      And you know what is true, that is not sooooo far from the truth....is you claim to be a realist and an idealist at the same time?

Which one of the suggested/stated is soooo faaar from true?

Realist and idealist?
      ...hard to believe but true!!!

btw - You can check - check here: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...ue-table.html/ - where our GUNNERS stood in the EPL tables with 6 through 14 matches are so to go over the last several 10 or so seasons. You shall be shocked to find that in some of those seasons we were well placed to win...considering our opposition on the run in to the title. Nuh mek di anti-Wenger columnist and posters tell you we were never in the race for 10 or so years and yuh believe dem!!!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you good so you a tell me Spurs a go score 8 goals if Arsenal perform said way? LOL!!!
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Our guys have the quality to have done so...but I not on about the score. I am one about defensive work! ...intensity (particularly in the first half)...and the failure to set up a few tap-ins in that first half!!! ...and the subsequent losing of the ball!!!

We cannot play the good TEAMs and act in like manner.
          Just a reminder on our gifting the ball away - On possession: GUNNERS 48%; Awful Villa 52%!!!

...and I threw in comments about Theo being "same ole, same ole". *Great when he has the ball! ...so-so if tackled! *-1Absent when he does not!

Not only for this game...but for his game!!!
          *Gave him a 8.5 for his attacking prowess! = representative of my GUNNERS playing with 10.5 men.
          *-1 Gave him his due on defense! A big fat ABSENT!!! = representative of my GUNNERS playing with 11 - 1 = 10 men!!!
          Karl, an expert analysis just for you. Less Possession is not always a bad thing.

Just a reminder on our gifting the ball away - On possession: GUNNERS 48%; Awful Villa 52%!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31079429

Comment

There once was a statistician who drowned trying to cross a river with an average depth of 3 feet

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
              Karl, an expert analysis just for you. Less Possession is not always a bad thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31079429

Do not believe everything ''experts' say.

There is a difference between comments on possession being good and efficient use of the ball being good.

Possession and of itself is always good. If that 'expert' is promoting a contrary possession then he or she is...just that, 'expert'.

Let us not confuse possession of the ball with use of same. ...even if you take a look at Sanchez's last match whereon he had many touches but had extremely high percentage 'giveaways' possession such as he had was much better/moore advantageous that he had possession for self and GUNNERS than the opposition having same. Sanchez's use of the ball was poor but to suggest or infer that it was desirable or more advantageous for the opponent to have had possession is laughable.
              Last edited by Karl; February 2, 2015, 09:45 AM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

...but look on the bright side: He is, on top form, magnificent going forward. That we know! We could all become raging optimisms and think on...? ...he could just have a re-birth and become and equally adept on around play inclusive of 'tiger defender' such as Sanchez?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  you good so you a tell me Spurs a go score 8 goals if Arsenal perform said way? LOL!!!
                  ...but will my GUNNERS perform in an identical manner?

Before this post, in a previous post Dunny alluded to the dynamic...unique dynamic that occurs in each match. Please read my original post and indeed the succeeding posts in which I expressed concerns on my GUNNERS display v Villa? Thank you!

Comment

has he played better in each game since new years day or just as bad?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

that i am satisfied with mediocrity ...... at least i hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Do not believe everything ''experts' say.

There is a difference between comments on possession being good and efficient use of the ball being good.

Possession and of itself is always good. If that 'expert' is promoting a contrary possession then he or she is...just that, 'expert'.

Let us not confuse possession of the ball with use of same. ...even if you take a look at Sanchez's last match whereon he had many touches but had extremely high percentage 'giveaways' possession such as he had was much better/moore advantageous that he had possession for self and GUNNERS than the opposition having same. Sanchez's use of the ball was poor but to suggest or infer that it was desirable or more advantageous for the opponent to have had possession is laughable.
                        Stats Karl, the recipe for improvement to our failings might just be less of the ball.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...naged-win.html

Comment

the truth is we should be able to win in different ways if we are to challenge for the title. so i will take the wins, the good, the bad the ugly ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            Stats Karl, the recipe for improvement to our failings might just be less of the ball.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...naged-win.html
                            I am a stats man, Dunny...but at times you have to look beyond the mere figures. It cannot be because we win more games with less of the possession that less possession is good. If so (=less possession is good) why have the ball at all save only on those possessions that result in our scoring a goal?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              has he played better in each game since new years day or just as bad?
                              He has been doing much better!
                              You know it too...so why ask?

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                                X