RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arsenal v Aston Villa: Games like these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal v Aston Villa: Games like these...

...a TEAM fails to win. The TEAM is so far above the opponent on technical and tactical ability that it 'plays around' keeping the opponent within striking distance on goals.

One slip or two slips...and in each game slips are made and it is tied up or the TEAM ends up behind. Then the problem of slipping out of the languid waltzing around becomes difficult.

The solution to that lazy waltzing around is for a leader to step up quickly saying..."Gents let us score a few more before the waltz sets in? Let's go?"

My Arsenal is now having the front men, save Ozil, adopt an anti-TEAM attitude when deep in the attacking third...a sure assist on making the second and third goals hard to come by. ...assisting, not the TEAM, but the opponents! Do not think the aim should be to help the opponents??? ...I don't!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

The commentators stating Aston Villa has managed to dig in and stay in the game. That, of course, is not true. It is my GUNNERS who have slackened and kept Aston Villa in the game.

...and immediately after same - (42min) - Walcott gets a ball on the shoulder of the Villa defense and with a player wide to his right...goes his anti-TEAM best (not passing and dibbling straight into the opponent) and gives the ball away.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

and the Anti TEAM Walcott makes a excellent TEAM RUN and Scored an Excellent TEAM goal.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        and the Anti TEAM Walcott makes a excellent TEAM RUN and Scored an Excellent TEAM goal.
        You are correct!
        ...but it has been done against a weak group of players...not against a TEAM.

Walcott is still up to his old nonsense on high ball coming in to him. He had a beautiful easily winnable ball that he made his fake attempt at and 'gave' to Villa. Against a TEAM...that might just lead to goal against...my GUNNERS!!!! Walcott is just the same crappy player. Gives us 10.5 men on attack and 10 on defense. ...same crap, leaving my GUNNERS 1 short on defense.

Against crap?

We shall most often escape with that.

Against quality TEAM?

No way shall we escape!
        Sell him, mi seh! ...some half-dead squad may welcome him.

Comment

Can't win with you. We beat City and then beat a lowly side the way we are supposed to and all you do is belly ache and complain and why? Because of Walcott's involvement.

We dislike our foes because of their faults and like our friends despite their faults. Yuh jus nuh like Walcott or Sanchez and thus they can do no wrong!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What are you saying now? (after spanking opponents 5-0) ?
            Peter R

Comment

Spoken like a mindless lover of the game. Has not one iota of interest in anything other than current win.

Just think on this: What about being able to be on par with the ManCity, Chelsea and BoyU on recent records? ...and manner of playing?

Those TEAMs are consistent on defeating TEAMs they should...and are in with more than a good chance of defeating the other top TEAMs.

Our Gunners tend to too often lose to poor TEAMs and mediocre TEAMs...and again too often lose to the top TEAMs. ...and on winning trophies after being in with great chance to claim same, e.g. the EPL trophy, on more than one occasion during our recent 'barren years' turn seemingly certain victory into defeats!!! ...so it is, I would think, normal to wish our weak players gone. We cannot look at the instant game only! It must always be a look to future...what we hope shall be trophy winning immediate future.

You are too easily satisfied with mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                What are you saying now? (after spanking opponents 5-0) ?
                The Reggae Boyz could have defeat that Villa aggregation! ...but granted that Villa is awful, it is the manner of our game that causes concern as we look towards a good Spurs team playing with real confidence. If we produce the same performance against Spurs we should be whapped by at least 3!!!!
                Last edited by Karl; February 1, 2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Spoken like a mindless lover of the game. Has not one iota of interest in anything other than current win.

Just think on this: What about being able to be on par with the ManCity, Chelsea and BoyU on recent records? ...and manner of playing?

Those TEAMs are consistent on defeating TEAMs they should...and are in with more than a good chance of defeating the other top TEAMs.

Our Gunners tend to too often lose to poor TEAMs and mediocre TEAMs...and again too often lose to the top TEAMs. ...and on winning trophies after being in with great chance to claim same, e.g. the EPL trophy, on more than one occasion during our recent 'barren years' turn seemingly certain victory into defeats!!! ...so it is, I would think, normal to wish our weak players gone. We cannot look at the instant game only! It must always be a look to future...what we hope shall be trophy winning immediate future.

You are too easily satisfied with mediocrity.
                  wooii mi belly, my friend is slowly losing it!

Comment

So you should have scored ten? just asking as I only saw snippets...
                    Peter R

Comment

Yuh rite!
                      My GUNNERS...some of the players are driving me up the wall!!! (emoticon for losing mind).

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        So you should have scored ten? just asking as I only saw snippets...
                        Our guys have the quality to have done so...but I not on about the score. I am one about defensive work! ...intensity (particularly in the first half)...and the failure to set up a few tap-ins in that first half!!! ...and the subsequent losing of the ball!!!

We cannot play the good TEAMs and act in like manner.
                        Just a reminder on our gifting the ball away - On possession: GUNNERS 48%; Awful Villa 52%!!!

...and I threw in comments about Theo being "same ole, same ole". *Great when he has the ball! ...so-so if tackled! *-1Absent when he does not!

Not only for this game...but for his game!!!
                        *Gave him a 8.5 for his attacking prowess! = representative of my GUNNERS playing with 10.5 men.
                        *-1 Gave him his due on defense! A big fat ABSENT!!! = representative of my GUNNERS playing with 11 - 1 = 10 men!!!
                        Last edited by Karl; February 1, 2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Pretty much the same Villa team that mash up Arsenal TEAM a year ago. There are no awful team in the EPL, they are only awful when you make them. Arsenal roll ball today, Villa never lay down and die.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The thing about Karl he thinks its only one team on the park and that players are robots

Comment

And you know what is true, that is not sooooo far from the truth....is you claim to be a realist and an idealist at the same time?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X