Assasin!!! Saw where you and Don1 had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assasin!!! Saw where you and Don1 had

a "discussion" about the preparation of the Jamaican U20 team.

Don1 posted - “Their program should have started at least January 2014, preferably BEFORE. Removed from school ball and in their own dedicated preparation regime. Dat 3 week camp ting is FOOLISHNESS.”

In response, you posted - “Don't you think the coach made those calls??? That is why we need better coaches to set the standards.”

Are you serious??? - "the coach made those calls"........
    1. So Tappa, not the JFF Technical Committee, decided when the U20 training started, who they played & when they played???
    2. Which successful country (in soccer) operates like that???

***If you believe this, why did the U17 coach (Edwards) make this statement - “The thing what we are most concerned with right now is international practice matches and a few injuries.”.........If the coach is the one that made those calls, then why didn't he make sure that the team get the required international practice matches???

"That is why we need better coaches to set the standards."........
    1. Why isn't the JFF doing anything to get their young coaches the necessary PRACTICAL experience, that is VERY IMPORTANT (I think way more important & necessary than the theory) for their development & growth???
    2. What happened when Tappa got the opportunity to spend a few months in Brazil to gain important & necessary PRACTICAL experience to benefit his development & growth???......and that could have helped to form some very important & beneficial friendships & partnerships that could have benefited other coaches, and the "national program".
    3. A few years ago, Paul "Tegat" Davis was on a "roll", having success at the high school & club level. In an interview, he said that he went to the National Stadium to see the Uruguayan national team train & put through their paces, and that was very beneficial to his outlook & growth. He then said that he wanted the necessary practical experience to develop, grow & become a better coach.......Why didn't the JFF give him this opportunity, instead of ignoring him???

There you go! On point! It is our JFF that has let us down and has continued to let us down over these many decades.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

USAF it is very unfair to post a piece of what Colour said and not the whole thing. Go back and post the whole article and we will talk what Color said. Mosiah and Tilla tell me if you don't post the full link they will delete the post.
      Last edited by Assasin; January 30, 2015, 04:51 PM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        USAF it is very unfair to post a piece of what Colour said and not the whole thing. Go back and post the whole article and we will talk what Color said. Mosiah and Tilla tell me if you don't post the full link they will delete the post.
        LOL!! Woooiiiee mi Expletive Deleted!!
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Let me post it for you, I expect better from you

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2015...s/sports4.html

First and foremost when Edwards was named U17 coach he said he wouldn't be available to start training early as he would like because he would be on a coaching course in Germany and he would start training late. The JFF said to him they still wanted him to have the job. He started in the summer, if he wasn't in Germany he would have started at least March-April. Please remember for these qualifiers there are group stages which means the team has played games before.

Since has been back him the summer he has been working with his team. He has had 3 practice games in Florida. He has been spending a lot of time working with the team. If you read what he said is they are trying to get practice games and he has faith he will get them. He also clearly stated if things are not to his liking he would "throw in the towel".

As the coach he is setting the tone and doing what he thinks will prepare his team and if the JFF don't wok with him he will simply walk. We need more coaches like that. Maybe because coaching is no his only profession but Edwards educate himself and talk it like it is. He has spent time preparing his team and hopefully will get results. If you know anything about this coach, he will not take no from the JFF for answer and he will do his damn best to prepare this team for their duties.

https://simonpreston93.wordpress.com...ndrew-edwards/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAbl-xhdQuU

When you cut and paste piece it tell a different story, right???? Bwoy a see why Tilla and Mosiah say SOURCE.
          Last edited by Assasin; January 30, 2015, 05:15 PM.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
            a "discussion" about the preparation of the Jamaican U20 team.

Don1 posted - “Their program should have started at least January 2014, preferably BEFORE. Removed from school ball and in their own dedicated preparation regime. Dat 3 week camp ting is FOOLISHNESS.”

In response, you posted - “Don't you think the coach made those calls??? That is why we need better coaches to set the standards.”

Are you serious??? - "the coach made those calls"........
            1. So Tappa, not the JFF Technical Committee, decided when the U20 training started, who they played & when they played???
            2. Which successful country (in soccer) operates like that???

***If you believe this, why did the U17 coach (Edwards) make this statement - “The thing what we are most concerned with right now is international practice matches and a few injuries.”.........If the coach is the one that made those calls, then why didn't he make sure that the team get the required international practice matches???

"That is why we need better coaches to set the standards."........
            1. Why isn't the JFF doing anything to get their young coaches the necessary PRACTICAL experience, that is VERY IMPORTANT (I think way more important & necessary than the theory) for their development & growth???
            2. What happened when Tappa got the opportunity to spend a few months in Brazil to gain important & necessary PRACTICAL experience to benefit his development & growth???......and that could have helped to form some very important & beneficial friendships & partnerships that could have benefited other coaches, and the "national program".
            3. A few years ago, Paul "Tegat" Davis was on a "roll", having success at the high school & club level. In an interview, he said that he went to the National Stadium to see the Uruguayan national team train & put through their paces, and that was very beneficial to his outlook & growth. He then said that he wanted the necessary practical experience to develop, grow & become a better coach.......Why didn't the JFF give him this opportunity, instead of ignoring him???
            I know it's frustrating trying to reason with Sass but you need to understand that he is not playing with a full deck of cards. He has a problem with basic logic

This problem is not football specific. It extends across his entire cognitive map

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

What are you talking about???......It is NOT Edwards nor Tappa's job to arrange official practice games for the national teams. That is the job of the JFF's Technical Committee.......If the Jamaican coaches are the ones doing this, then they have it WRONG.

Comment

Didn't Edwards say one of his concerns was international practice matches???........Now!!! Was it Edwards' fault that international practice games was a concern, regarding the preparation of the U17 team, or was it the JFF who is at fault???

Comment

A Sass-like response to this question is:

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                  Didn't Edwards say one of his concerns was international practice matches???........Now!!! Was it Edwards' fault that international practice games was a concern, regarding the preparation of the U17 team, or was it the JFF who is at fault???
                  Most of the U-20 teams didn't have intl games. My Trini friend told me that Trinidad didn't play any

Woooiiiee mi humerus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't know why he cannot understand that the national federation's technical committee is responsible for planning & organizing official practice games for the national teams.....That's not the coach's job.

Comment

Again I am very disappointed with you for not posting the entire article or source. In the future if you a go reason please post the entire thing. It is not very nice to post half of a sentence and use as fact and not the whole sentence.

Colour has made his plan and demands. As stated the he want international games. International U17 games are not played very often and only in special tournament or close to the competition. As you will see Colour don't wait on JFF to get the kids ready, and he is pushing for international games which put most of your argument to pieces. The coach makes his plan. Same way how Tappa could cancel the kids Christmas holidays for training he could have demanded earlier for more training.

If you read carefully you will see the difference between Colour Edwards and Tappa. U17 already had 3 games in Florida in the last month and is looking for more games at Colour request.

Comment

One the subject of coaches training, the JFF will cover basic courses for most who are interested but for further development only a few coaches will benefit directly as it is more expensive. They will choose the ones they think is going to work with them long term. That is normal for most Federations.

On the subject of Tegat. Let me ask why would the federation invest in Tegat and other coaches who don't hold a job for more than 3 months??? Coaches like Tegats are nomads and when you invest in a coach you need him to be around. There are others like Maxwell, Duckie etc. That is why a coaches association is better as it is their primary interest to have coaches work in their own interest.
                        Last edited by Assasin; January 30, 2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

That is your only point? Did I say anywhere the federation is not responsible for organizing office practice games??? Show me where I say that.

I say it is the coaches duty to plan and prepare the team. Is international games the only form of prep??? You need to think. Aruba was more prepared than us, I wonder how many international games they played?

The fact is Colour is preparing his team, He planned what he is doing, I can't say the samething for Tappa's team. The Admin tend to respond better when you have your plan in place, so too does your team..
                          Last edited by Assasin; January 30, 2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Comprehension & common sense would let you know that Edwards has some concern about the teams overall preparation & the posting of the entire article doesn't change that. If he was satisfied with where the team was, he would not have used the word "concerned", and if an effective program was in place, there would be no need, with less than 2 months to go, to be scrambling around looking for international games.

Comment

What exactly do you think Don1 was talking about when you asked - "Don't you think the coach made those calls???"

***When a national coach gets a team to prepare for international competition, his job is to mold the players into a cohesive unit, TEAM, that can execute & the only way to know if you're succeeding, is to "test" the team with quality & challenging international games.

Comment

Working...
                              X