X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roma go to the US

Football
    Posted at 15:16
    Serie A club AS Roma are looking to discover and develop American talent through a new partnership with seven youth soccer clubs in the United States.
    Roma CEO Italo Zanzi told Reuters news agency that the initiative would include coaching exchanges, allow the American clubs to feature in tournaments in Italy and would be a direct, year-round arrangement.

BBC
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Football
    Posted at 15:16
    Serie A club AS Roma are looking to discover and develop American talent through a new partnership with seven youth soccer clubs in the United States.
    Roma CEO Italo Zanzi told Reuters news agency that the initiative would include coaching exchanges, allow the American clubs to feature in tournaments in Italy and would be a direct, year-round arrangement.

BBC
    Look like dem never hear bout the spot with the ABUNDANCE OF TALENT!!!

Talking bout Roma. Watch a few of their Seria A games. A few months ago Ashley Cole got embarrassed in a game. I haven't seen him in action since. Only 'chillining' on the bench.

Sunday I say Mbia on loan from Newcastle representing well for Roma. I was thinking how this player couldn't start for Newcastle and is having a good game against Fiorentina.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Expected move!!! The 2 owners are also a part of the new L.A. franchise & California has a lot of youth talent.........There might be a partnership with Liverpool & N.E. Revolution (looking to move team to Boston) in the next 2 years........Miami franchise & Manchester United are in partnership talks, giving Man. U more U.S. presence & easy access to youth prospects, while Miami gets more "leverage" for a stadium deal +++.

Comment

Becks better take advice and use stadium that is already built for now.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

Talking bout Roma. Watch a few of their Seria A games. A few months ago Ashley Cole got embarrassed in a game. I haven't seen him in action since. Only 'chillining' on the bench.

Sunday I say Mbia on loan from Newcastle representing well for Roma. I was thinking how this player couldn't start for Newcastle and is having a good game against Fiorentina.
          Could it be difference in outlook and approach of W Connection's managers and our managers? Have any of our managers ever approached those types professional teams? ...and if so how would the approaches differ?

btw - I do know that at least one of our NPL organization made approaches inclusive of 'great demands'. ...e.g. so much money (at least U$1,000,000, per year...underwriting all costs on visits etc., etc... Cho wi nah gi weh nutten!

When asked: What do you have that is so desirable than a club would be willing to give what you wish? It is our club and our players!!!

There was no willingness to allow the approach to be shaped by what the professional club would be willing to put on the table and then attempt joint shaping same through dialogue and amicable interaction. ...in my opinion no recognition of negotiating from a position of weakness.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Part of the agreement was to have a stadium deal in Miami, before starting operations.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

Barcelona (or is it Real Madrid) already have that talent harvesting lock Lazie.

Don't you see the pitch/football field--and the unassuming signage just outside Montego Bay--where the Spanish football giant is getting (some of it's) football talent?

Last time I pulled over--to look at the field (through the fence) ......

Ok, let me NOT go there.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
              X