RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U-20: "Whatever your perspectives are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-20: "Whatever your perspectives are...

Appalled at the dismal showing of the nation's Under-20 team in the recently concluded CONCACAF Championship which served as a World Cup qualifying tournament, Stephenson said: "I believe that it is significant that KSAFA is today launching our Under-20 competition right on the heels of a disappointing performance by a national team in the CONCACAF tournament.

"I have listened to many experts, local coaches and family in the local media who expressed the views that the national team appeared, in some instances, under-prepared. Also uncoached, without a clear philosophy of a playing system and that all the best players available were in the squad and that at a time the players appeared jaded or fatigued.

"Whatever your perspectives are for the reason for the disappointing performance of the national team, this competition will give an opportunity for our coaches in our clubs to display the abundant talent that exists in the Corporate Area so that we can showcase them for the national team."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...urney_18302217
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

these idiots just don't get it...

Comment

So Burrell have company???

These people just piggyback ofa the system
      He didn't mention one word about development, one word about the level of coaching. "We need more showcase".
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The problem...and the obstacle...

Problem: Lousy quality of play!
        Question: How to raise dramatically that lousy quality of play to high quality when compared to what holds in top quality football nations?

Obstacle: - Only obstacle(?)
        Finding top quality teachers/coaches!
        Question: How do we go about doing that?

Stewart Stephenson, President of KSAFA, says the right things...he joins a long list of KSAFA Presidents and other football leaders in saying those right things. ...and we are, where we are!!!

Without quality teachers/coaches ONE MILLION YEARS on, we shall be churning out lousy players!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

all we need is anodda tournament...problem solved...bout development...yuh a eediat or what?

Comment

So you finally agree we need a coaches association to share data, share info, provide avenue to upgrade our current coaches and set standards for themselves and defend the rights of coaches????

How else it is going to be done if the coaches don't do it??? You have some good coaches in Ja but their work and standards are not shared.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

he is saying the right things? geezas Karl...you really are clueless too...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                "I have listened to many experts, local coaches and family in the local media who expressed the views that the national team appeared, in some instances, under-prepared. Also uncoached, without a clear philosophy of a playing system and that all the best players available were in the squad and that at a time the players appeared jaded or fatigued.
                UNDERPREPARED/UN-COACHED/JADED... Of course. A few getting-to-know-you meetups during the Summer, 3 weeks in a camp & 1 tournament is RIDICULOUS . They didn't need a coach.. They needed a magician

These boys during the summer were prepping for school ball...then playing an intensive 10 week season. Over the summer they were prepared to play in and peak for school competition... not a World Cup tournament. My side had 21 competitive games in 10 weeks and others had 18-19. Dem nuh muss jaded?

Their program should have started at least January 2014, preferably BEFORE. Removed from school ball and in their own dedicated preparation regime. Dat 3 week camp ting is FOOLISHNESS
                Last edited by Don1; January 28, 2015, 11:24 AM.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Don't you think the coach made those calls??? That is why we need better coaches to set the standards.

Trinidad had no practice games and look much better than us. Yes let me repeat, They had no international practice games as they had to cancel because of VISA and money worries.

Comment

more importantly, we need a coherent system...

Comment

Yuh tek yuh course inna logic yet yute??

If not...please tek whe yuhself

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

It look like you still a tek yours

Comment

Yep yuh 100% correct....mi naw tap learn ....

But at least you should start

Comment

'Prepared for failure'

Published: Tuesday | January 27, 2015

Follow the Trace - Oral Tracey

To say that Jamaican football fans are disappointed by the performance of the Under-20 Reggae Boyz in the just- concluded CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers must be the understatement of the New Year so far.

Despondent, depressed, and angry more aptly reflect the general mood across the local football fraternity after the timid showing by the host team.

Blaming coach Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore for the team's ultimate demise represents a fashionable and easy way out. Upon closer analysis of what transpired leading into and during the tournament, it is obvious there is ample blame to be allocated, starting at the very top of the chain of command in Jamaica's football hierarchy.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports8.html

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              Published: Tuesday | January 27, 2015

Follow the Trace - Oral Tracey

To say that Jamaican football fans are disappointed by the performance of the Under-20 Reggae Boyz in the just- concluded CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers must be the understatement of the New Year so far.

Despondent, depressed, and angry more aptly reflect the general mood across the local football fraternity after the timid showing by the host team.

Blaming coach Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore for the team's ultimate demise represents a fashionable and easy way out. Upon closer analysis of what transpired leading into and during the tournament, it is obvious there is ample blame to be allocated, starting at the very top of the chain of command in Jamaica's football hierarchy.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports8.html
                              1000% on point .... Prepared to FAIL

Comment

Working...
                              X