Reggae Boyz have new kit sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz have new kit sponsor

Company name is Romai, founded in 2013 and headquartered in Pompeii, Italy. While most of us may not have heard this name before, it appears the company is very new to the arena of sportswear manufacturing, having entered into the market in 2013. They currently sponsor three teams, which includes Jamaica. The other two are Bahrain and Palestine, not really big names in the sport.

Seems as if the JFF's last deal with Kappa ended and they decided to get on with this start-up. It would be interesting to see where it goes from here.

I remember forumite Bruce was making the case some time ago for the JFF to try and strike up a sponsorship relationship with US sportswear manufacturer Under Armor. At the time (early to mid 2000s), UA were new to the sporting market and seemed as if they might be interested in expanding their brand into football (soccer). Since then, we have seen UA expand their brand with teams like Omiya Ardija, Japan; Tottenham Hotspur & Queen's Park Rangers, England; East Fife, Scotland; São Paulo & Pinheiros, Brazil; Colo-Colo, Chile; Toluca & Cruz Azul, Mexico.

If you ask me, a sponsorship deal with a company like UA would seem like a good fit for the Reggae Boyz at this time. But maybe, the good Captain and his cohorts have a plan in place and have a better vision for the type of relationship they are seeking than say us looking on as a casual observers.

I wish them luck with this one. The new logo will be as below

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

interesting. A wonder what this deal looks like?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I guess the Boyz will be playing in the old Kappa gear until later. According to Romai site, the kit will be ready for Copa America. Still not sure of the value of the agreement. If you visit the JFF's website, they no longer have Kappa as a sponsor, but instead have Romai. I said previously that the company was Italian based, but I now understand they are a UAE based company.

I cannot remember seeing a JFF press release on the matter.

http://www.romaiworld.com/jamaica.html
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

always worry me when a site says coming soon.. show poor planning and execution

Comment

Poor planning on who's part, the kit manufacturer or the JFF?

I'm going to cut them some slack (both JFF and Romai). JFF is ending their contact with Kappa about the middle of the year and the new kit manufacturer say they will have new kits ready for our first major competition, which is in June. I think that is reasonable, considering all that had to take place before they could commit to manufacturing.

My only complaint is that I have not seen a press release from the JFF on this. They have removed Kappa logo from their website and replaced it with Romai. I guess later on, they will do a press release and give the impression that the deal was just done and they are making it public.

Comment

from being procastinators to being pre-mature ..... when will they find the happy medium?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X