X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GUNNERS?

Aaaaah Boy????

2 gifts to Southampton!
    Guess it is still the festive season and My GUNNERS are giving Southampton good cheer! Wat a mannas-able TEAM? Clap dem!
    Last edited by Karl; January 1, 2015, 12:38 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Once again the coach team selection is exposed.

No way Campbell or Podolski should not be in the starting !1..The team was poor throughout the game. Try as the coach might Chambers is not a mid field player....Poor poor team selection....Gibbs can't cross a good ball..Our goalkeeper is an idiot.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

My Pool ....2 goals conceeded in a min to bottom of the table lecister.Paul is this what you mean by a defensive problem,i would have never known until this game.

Is the wage bill on par with ours ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Football is a simple TEAM game!

Southampton had smarter players. Quick movement and swift passing - hit Arsenal on SUDDEN. Simple sensible movement and passing by Southampton created a ton of chances from which 6 goals should have been scored.

Arsenal players delayed passing. Complicated twisting turning on the ball with no reason or rhyme.

Both TEAMs filled with players with high quality technical skills. However tactically - commonsense display - Southampton's player were miles above the GUNNERS players. Played the simple passing and movement TEAM game for domination of the GUNNERS.

Is the naivety on play of Arsenal a reflection of classroom work...the teacher's teaching? I think it is. An honest assessment of the game suggests the score flattered My GUNNERS.

Questions:
        - Where has the Arsenal TEAMplay of yore gone?

- Why isn't there the usual high percentage use of teammate to advance the ball?

- Why the dwelling on the ball when clear 'great passing lanes' are open?

- Why so many taking of shots i.e. giving away of the ball, needlessly when better placed teammates/options abound?

That was not football being played by my GUNNERS! That was just many impostors wandering around the field.
        Last edited by Karl; January 1, 2015, 01:17 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The thing about statistics is that they are a measure of performance over time. The evidence of big money influence is irrefutable.
          Peter R

Comment

True! as it pertains to big money coaches.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Could it be the coach ,juss asking ?

Comment

Re: Could it be the coach?

That type performance suggests it is.
                It is one thing losing and playing good sensible football but an entirely different thing playing stupidly.

Look - The TEAM man to man across the field were a match on technical ability.
                Where the GUNNERS can second was on tactical ability...use of TEAM-play. It is the teacher's (coach's) job to challenge the pupils (players) on using brain for 'logical thinking'...and exploration of possibilities as solutions are being sought. It is the teacher's (coach's) skills as teacher (coach) that is on display.

...based on this instant game - performance by each TEAM - Koeman would be awarded higher marks as more skilled teacher.

You do not have to look further than observing that Theo Walcott was on the field for more than 20 minutes before any of his TEAMmates remembered to pass him a ball?

Comment

There were six draws today... just noticing. And Chelsea Spurs tied up now. Possible seven? Relatively little movement in standings!
                  Peter R

Comment

Ahhh sah...No comment

Comment

Working...
                    X