Can Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal challenge in Champions Leag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal challenge in Champions Leag

Can Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal challenge in Champions League?

Manchester City's win at Roma was an impressive statement of intent as they completed a superb recovery from their Champions League struggles to reach the knockout phase.

Manuel Pellegrini's side now join Chelsea and Arsenal as they try to challenge Europe's current superpowers Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
    City have been desperate to demonstrate they can be a force in the Champions League. Now, after the impressive 2-0 win in the Italian capital, the Blues will feel they have made their presence felt before Monday's draw for the last 16.

So, can the Premier League trio make further inroads into the latter stages of the tournament?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30425802
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Manchester City's win at Roma was an impressive statement of intent as they completed a superb recovery from their Champions League struggles to reach the knockout phase.
    i thought Karl said the win was not impressive...snicker

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      i thought Karl said the win was not impressive...snicker
      Something is wrong here?
      Point me to the thread...and thus the context in which the comment was made.
      You make it sound...or one could assume that I am suggesting this ManCity TEAM is poor.

I really think you poor showing in the Champions League has been a surprising 'confidence' --- rather 'lack of confidence' issue. Somehow in your Champions League matches at crucial periods of games that one extra-pass or early release of the ball is not done. Maybe this last win will allow you to 'kick on'...give confidence that allows FULL 100 TEAM play. In the Champions League and higher competitions 'a slip usually means death'.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Something is wrong here?
        Point me to the thread...and thus the context in which the comment was made.
        You make it sound...or one could assume that I am suggesting this ManCity TEAM is poor.
        Originally posted by Karl
        City did not look convincing.
        now siddung and shaddup

Comment

And you waited on an article before commenting!
          Bayern or a ten "man" Bayern?

Comment

why would i comment on Karl's ridiculous comment...anyone who watched that game saw a master class of football by City..

Comment

...a grudge dem grudge wi..... why?
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                why would i comment on Karl's ridiculous comment...anyone who watched that game saw a master class of football by City..

Are you totally a crazed fan?
                Master class display? ~ snort!
                Mistakes gifted you that win!...and against a TEAM that played with 9 'outfielders' for an appreciable period and actually bossed your TEAM around for a time. "Master class display"? What arrant nonsense!

Others agree with my position of that match. In any case the facts do not lie. Wishing a different set of facts is...understandable for you the fanatic but it is only mere wish!!!-
                Hassan 14 days ago
                Two mistakes (gifts) and a penalty, and Bayern had 10 men. Man city not that good.

http://footyroom.com/manchester-city...unich-2014-11/
                Last edited by Karl; December 13, 2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

everybody else is referring to the knockout group clinching game against Roma...Karl of course is stuck in yesteryear...why X and the family don't hold an intervention or sittin...

Comment

Good question,it can't be CL appearances(the circumstances surrounding our non appearance are being adressed)or the two ,oops, the meager three EPL trophies tally.
                    My guess is grudge has nothing to do with the prevalent dislike,the two little noisy birds do not know how to behave,constantly getting ahead of themselves.
                    Hope that helps.

Comment

Ooooh!...Roma?

Good win!

Comment

Working...
                      X