Now to the NPL playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now to the NPL playoffs

The one team I really want to see make it is Sporting Central. I know they will fill the void left by the former Hazard united and the defunct Galaxy fc and I bet they will be aiming to run the thing like a business. My heart is with the St Georges but common sense says they can't wage a Premier League campaign for a full season just dont have the infrastructure. Normally I would be pushing Granville and I like the story about their coach but lately I have been saying f... the west. Dem flip up fi a minute and win two trophy and carried the banner for the country man dem but it's been all arrogance, conspiracy theories, incessant chatting and losing lately.
    Do a ting SCA 'country' needs a year to year team.
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Why do you think St.Georges United don't have the infrastructure?

They have the only field in the east with press office and changing room.
    They have gated entrance that they charge to get in and you can't see the game from road. They have an elected management team which consists of professionals which includes former players like Jerome Henry, Felix Gordon, and others like Everton King.

Buff Bay don't have a big economy but this team is supported by every shop keeper and wholeshaler in the community. The team does a lot of community service which garner them support.

UP to last year they had a coaching structure which included a TD, and various team and youth coach. They sponsor the Buff Bay corner league to look at new talent from Portland and South East St.Mary and it is one of the best run corner league when I played in it.

I don't know if they have stands, the last time I watch a game there was in 1998 but they have been upgrading gradually and planning to real the NPL. The field may not be the best especially when it rain but it is taken care of by people in the community and players. I know the players don't get a lot of money and hope they don't start demand a lion share, that is the only concern I have.

I hope they qualify as they only need to beat police to do so. I would also like Sporting to qualify as well. Remember also St. Georges have sent about 16 players to the NPL in the last 2.5 years.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I want Sporting and St. Gerorges to qualify. Police? Hell no! When dem stop kill people, maybe! And Granville? Hell no! Sickko chat tuh much!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

H aha ha..and then Munro will win DCup and Olivier Shield next season...
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Two trophies??? You cant count..two each by Violet Kikcers, Seba and Wadadah and three by Reno...plus numerous other appearances in finals...ok count to five, lick you chest and start counting again...
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

While sending some of the footballers to engineering and medical school. YES!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And when was this, sickko? If you going to big up yuh chest bout dem times, den me can big up fi mi bout when MC used to win DCup and Olivier Shield!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Why do you think St.Georges United don't have the infrastructure?

They have the only field in the east with press office and changing room.
                They have gated entrance that they charge to get in and you can't see the game from road. They have an elected management team which consists of professionals which includes former players like Jerome Henry, Felix Gordon, and others like Everton King.

Buff Bay don't have a big economy
                How many other teams that cant make it in the NPL have that and more Assassin... the only thing you said which could make me think twice about them is that they have proper management structure because a long time Wadadah and Seba have more than triple the infrastructure you just described plus they are established names in Jamaican football and still cant hang with the big boys nowadays.
                You have press office and changing rooms but can you pay your team all the way through to summer next year... Maybe they can but I will have to see it to believe it that just based on the adventures of other recent NPL hopefuls...

Comment

St.Georges have survived mainly because it is deeply routed in the community.

What I am telling you is they have developed plans over the years and have improve their club and community at the same time planning for the NPL. I have never seen that club in crisis yet and it would surpise me if they have major problem. Hopefully they can get gate recipts from home crowd which would go a long way. The club also have a cricket club and use to have a woman cricket team and netball team.

All I can say is if they don't make it in the NPL no other teams in the east will.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    You cant count..
                    Yeah yeah waddeva! A Knox mi go and I am sure mi MunroE bredren can help me count to the big fat zero your oft relegated sides have put up recently... dont cry I have moved on to Clarendon now...

I shouldn't even talk say a St Ann mi come from on a football site... so you see my dilemna... I need a properly managed team to to tek it to di town man dem wicked fi mi read bout it inna di gleaner and smile what has your end done for us lately...

Comment

Mosiah stop leaning on that crutch it is older than Moses. Munro wants to win badly and your own headmaster told me with his own mouth he has lowered the standards to take in boys who they think can help them win.

When Munro hired Neil Harrison it was with one purpose- to win DCup but they came up short, yes it was in the swimming pool at Jarrett Park but once again both teams were on the same pitch. Once again I asked Neil infront of all the officials why was he rushing to play the game when it can and should be moved to the Monday but he pulled a Simoes and panicked on the biggest stage oif his life.

Also Munro came up short against Cornwall in the Ben Francis final losing 2-0 in 2003 and were also spanked 6-0 or so when they met again...both times on dry surfaces. Sorry to explode your myths of water logged fields.

Also last time I checked a few other schools have managed to balance academic and sports excellence so dont bother go on like is only Miunro boys who can qualify for Medical schools and get engineering degree.

matter of fact quite a few of the boys who have gone on to anything from Munro either did not start there or did not finish there.

And lastly why you not bigging up the model dem from Munro who have gone on the big catwalk...wha happen dem no Munro boys too?
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                      X