Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assasin!!! Whitecaps looking for a striker

or two.
    "We lacked a goal scorer. We had plenty of players who could score goals. For us to only score 42 goals as a team and still make the playoffs is a fantastic achievement, but if we had someone who could score 15, 20, 30 goals then we'd be a totally different proposition. And that's what we've got to try and do."
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ed-score-more-

I wonder what that means for Mattocks??? .......Will he be traded or left unprotected for the expansion draft??? ......Would the Timbers & Porter try to get him???

Yup!...what is the Whitecaps saying about Mattocks?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Orlando City is looking for goalkeepers, so they could make a bid/move for Andre Blake.

Comment

yeah, Mattocks needs a change of scenery.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh si dis? There is where it is implicit that they are saying they are not happy with their strikers and Mattocks is one of their strikers, and yuh cannot figure it out?!!

But if a man seh "Ahem" somehow in that yuh can read seh him recommend investment in pork belly futures! Yuh good, very good!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            Yuh si dis? There is where it is implicit that they are saying they are not happy with their strikers and Mattocks is one of their strikers, and yuh cannot figure it out?!!

But if a man seh "Ahem" somehow in that yuh can read seh him recommend investment in pork belly futures! Yuh good, very good!!!
            Your slant..your take-away is a part of the story. I guess I should have spelt out where my emphasis was?

Anyway - Here is what I was asking to be considered - Mattocks is one of our players with tremendous potential! One of our many talented youngsters -(Aaah, time! It moves along so damn fast? Youngster...? Aaaah, sah? ~ sigh!) - and one considered to have all the physical attributes to have his talent developed to top quality striker-footballer. ...but you may remember comments were made on what he lacked and reason why he was 'so lacking'?

The guy still has all the physical attributes - his talent is obvious. His potential for development to top quality striker is still evident.

You are - The Massive is - being asked by my previous post and now this post also to think on - Why with all his physical attributes and his obvious talent is his production being questioned? ...why is he being considered 'raw talent'...underdeveloped player?

A dat mi dida hask!!!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

So they didn't know he was "raw" and "underdeveloped" when they bought him???

What have they done over the past few years???? Last year they say he was playing what you call TEAM. earlier in the season they said he was playing "unbelievable TEAM" with a lot of assists. So what is the problem Karl?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                So they didn't know he was "raw" and "underdeveloped" when they bought him???

What have they done over the past few years???? Last year they say he was playing what you call TEAM. earlier in the season they said he was playing "unbelievable TEAM" with a lot of assists. So what is the problem Karl?
                That is what they said.
                I saw otherwise and expressed the wish that he 'jumped onto TEAM (concept and actions) fast'.

The question is, who were 'they' who made such statements and what were the motives behind same?

Comment

Ok. Much clearer. So it is not his returns but rather why the returns are the way they are given his talents?

And that is a DAMN GOOD QUESTION.

I suspect that it is technical. Training a certain way from a young age makes something's reflexive. I suspect that is the missing ingredient. Some things that could have been instinctive are not instinctive

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The coach and the Vancouver Media.

Comment

Ok. Much clearer. So it is not his returns but rather why the returns are the way they are given his talents?

And that is a DAMN GOOD QUESTION.

I suspect that it is technical. Training a certain way from a young age makes something's reflexive. I suspect that is the missing ingredient. Some things that could have been instinctive are not instinctive
                      Like deferring to TEAMMATE when not as well placed.= Needs to step up on/set up on TEAMplay!

Would you believe that playing more TEAM gets a striker (and all TEAMmates) more good looks on goal? ...allows for better TEAM(play) and more rewarding TEAM results!!!! It is his tactical deficiency that is his problem. He needs to use 'brain' properly more often.

Observe, find solutions and execute...make 'right decisions'. - Determine when to shoot and when not to! When to hold and when to fold (pass). How to move on support and to provide self as pass outlet. [Has much to learn defensively also but we are focused on attack(ing) so we skip his work on defense].
                      Last edited by Karl; November 16, 2014, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Needs to be selfish in the name the TEAM?

Comment

Needs to be selfish in the name the TEAM?
                          Nice!
                          Yuh tun Carolyn Cooper...sorta ...pan wi!

Comment

Hope not

Comment

Working...
                            X