HL!!! Are you watching the U.S. vs Czech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!! Are you watching the U.S. vs Czech

Republic game tomorrow??? Will be on NBCSN at 2:15pm.
    As Klinsmann said, he'll be using mostly younger players for at least a year, so it will be interesting to see how they perform.....Altidore is named captain.

U.S. Roster:
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (Southampton/ENG), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/ENG), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake).
    DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha Berlin/GER), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/ENG), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER), Greg Garza (Tijuana), Fabian Johnson (Borussia M'Gladbach/GER), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers/ENG).
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes/FRA), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg/NOR), Julian Green (Hamburg/GER), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham/ENG), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt/GER), Brek Shea (Stoke City/ENG).
    FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland/ENG), Joe Gyau (Borussia Dortmund II/GER), Jordan Morris (Stanford Univ.), Rubio Rubin (FC Utrecht/NED), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich/GER)

Thanks for the heads-up USAF.

There are a series of friendlys on tomorrow. Will have to set my DVR for that and other games.

Thanks again for the heads-up!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

only my post you nuh read??? LOL
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

wa dat suppose to meen...?

I am an equal opportunity reader Assasin!!

HL

Comment

mi a ask bout "Krystal". down a bottom. Mi hear say the name is not Crystal, that a scamming a gwaan. LOL
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Unu, just please lease leave Crystal alone...

HL

Comment

Good game USAF.

I knew maybe 4 or 5 or the players on this USA squad.

They beat Czech Repub. 1-NIL!!

That kid Joe Gyau has some potential.

BTW, your thoughts on Altidore's performance ......thanks.

HL

Comment

I wouldn't call it a good game. The passing & movement was sloppy, but I guess some of that is expected with the makeup of the team.

We could have easily lost. Poor finishing, by the Czechs, & good goal keeping aided us.

Gyau is a project. He needs to be more aggressive & decisive in attack. At times he slowed down the pace or passed the ball when he had the advantage. He's at a good club (Dortmund) so I expect to see improvement.

Seems like he was just there to hold up the ball & at times played too deep, hence wasn't an offensive threat.

Comment

Yup! Outplayed...but the direction the TEAM is going suggests that it shall be a potent one in 2018. I suspect that in 2018 it shall be easily acclaimed the BEST USA TEAM EVER.

What Klinsmann is doing on interjection of pace and technical ability added with the inherent top class physical effort and his demand for TEAM only play (as is in the German's blood) shall push the USA to enter minds for serious consideration for lifting the World Cup trophy.

Yup! I am seeing the TEAM trending to TOP OF THE WORLD. There are yet unknown youngster with excellent speed across ground and of extremely high technical ability that shall 'show' before 2018. It shall be a TEAM in the mold of Klinsmann's playing days and of the type - that he laid the groundwork and foundation for - of the current German TEAM ...pass and move/move and pass...strong running and excellent passing - passing in outfield and on goal!!!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    Yup! Outplayed...but the direction the TEAM is going suggests that it shall be a potent one in 2018.
                    We were outplayed in the 2nd half, and Rimando came up big on several occasions to save the win for us.

But in the 1st half the USA was clearly the better team. We controlled possession and created more chances. Gyau caused the Czech defense a lot of problems over that period, and Diskeurd bossed the midfield with confidence.
                    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                    - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                    X