No announcement yet.

The academy system is coming along.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The academy system is coming along.....

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/...esented-adidas

Why would the US develope an academy system? Why not rely on high schools or just continue with NCAA and NAIA drafts?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Because the current system is producing robocop non innovative players. The high school system is not even a real part of the us system it is the $'s for ball select football that rules the roost which is dominated by upper middle class kids for the most part so us ball is totally missing out on the best potential talent which is the enormous and growing working and lower middle class. Academies would probably go a long way to smoothing the path for some of these kids if they can identify them early enough or even get them to play ball in sufficient numbers.

I have always said when deon sanders and Barry sanders speed, dexterity type talent starts getting into playing ball in the us then you will see a different kind of us team, until then it is robocop style ball.

Comment

thank you.

see karl? to separate wheat from the chaff, it has to be stepped up otherwise we wont just languish we will be left further and further in the dust of we depend upon our high school extra-curricular football programme to prepare our footballers for international or professional football.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

And it's sooooo important to have people who are open to change, willing to learn & grow and make youth development the priority running your soccer program......Will be interesting to see what happens leading up to 2018 & beyond.

Comment

The US Academy system is in full fledge. Again I see it every weekend. You have a lot of good academies that are growing.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X