RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are our local Aaron's and Sterlings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before a game?!!!

Context is important. Beach training is part of pre-season training for fitness not match preparation.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Before what game? Was this an important World Cup qualifier, or just a training match? Bricky just threw it out there and I ran wid it.

The point I was trying to make was, no matter what Carl Brown or any other local coach said, some of us would have a problem with it. But once the farin coach did it, everything criss.

Bricky would have to show me where this training took place just before an important game.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Gamma check the conclusion specifically, it is of course just one study but very interesting conclusion. It is fundamentally saying you get a 'better burn with less impact' which basically says it is the best environment before a match, we struggle with match fitness in general as our players and local playing environment lacks professionalism, this could be one option for improving fitness and match readiness. Maybe if Waterhouse was doing some intense sand pit training they would not look like some fish on dry land gasping to breathe with movement limited to slithering around within a few feet of where they were standing.

Conclusions
        These results show that on sand it is possible to perform maximal intensity sprints with higher energy expenditure and metabolic power values, without reaching maximum speed and with smaller impact shocks. Furthermore, exercises with change of direction carried out on this surface allow to reach higher deceleration values. In addition, sprinting on sand potentially entails a limited stretch of the involved muscles. It can therefore offer a valid alternative to traditional training, injury prevention and rehabilitation programs.

Comment

I guess we need to wait for the "academy league"... wid 1 or 2 academies "competing"

woooiiee
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

dem can stay at that new 17 story pegasus hotel dem buil in portmore...woieee mi flying hotel...

Comment

Exactly Stoni!

I don't see anywhere in the article, or others I've read, where it says sand training is only for preseason. We believe it is because that is what we did for years.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaica needs better transfer policies or routes out of the island for the youths like the C. Rica model, that to me is the cheapest and fastest way to develop youth, youth transfer out and track development.

This would have to entail a coming together of the stakeholders,again from forgein reps to locals.

This academy thing cost too much and requires time, the alternative would ultimately lead to interest setting up academies based on the new transfer policy.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Have you ever done sand work??? It definitely make your feet feel like lead. It is not for regular season. It help to strengthen you legs but....
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh wud bathe, in fact everybady would...ahh mean from 98 dem cann build academy ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yuh seit!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes, your legs feel like lead on the sand. Imagine what it feels like when you move to grass!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Exactly! But the clubs are holding out for too much in my opinion.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This is where leadership comes from the JFF , but their interest are in building an academy from 98 .

This is where Burrell fails, its the only commonsense solution, stakeholders coming together and seeing how they profit in the long run, every bady bathes.

Comment

I saw all of that Stoni and it is a well and good when working on your fitness. Sand training which I have done is also more draining and requires the muses to to do more work thereby increasing muscle fatigue which is NOT what you want before a game. I just went through this with my son's track and fix training. Beach training removed from the training cycle immediately before competition.

At best, light training may be an option however to run "doggies" in the sand is more demandin than on grass or turf.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X