I notice in youth Soccer in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice in youth Soccer in the US

Cane Cutting is a foul in the US youth league. if you make a slide tackle any atall evening if it is a ball winning tackle it is a fowl. Take me a while to get use to that but I am wondering, is this way to teach kids to stay on their feet and win the ball? or is it just protecting the kids?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Encourages using of the 'head' to unearth the many other ways of winning the ball. - One of the greatest is just playing off to a TEAMmate. Sometimes a toe is all that is needed.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Cane Cutting is a foul in the US youth league. if you make a slide tackle any atall evening if it is a ball winning tackle it is a fowl. Take me a while to get use to that but I am wondering, is this way to teach kids to stay on their feet and win the ball? or is it just protecting the kids?
      The officials should call what they see. Slide tackles are a part of the game. Call the illegal ones. Leave it to the coaches to discourage slide tackles and determine the philosophy of their own football.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am split about it because it keeps the youths on their feet and learn to make tackles standing. But I don't see much wrong with a good slide tackle.

Also at least at U9 and under there is no red card. If a player is not playing in the spirit of the game he sis spoken to and his coach is spoken to.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Let the coaches do their job and the officials theirs! Simple. Suppose yuh have a coach that believes in the slide tackle or just like to see a certain amount of aggression from his defenders, why should a referee interfere?!?!

It's not everytime you can make a successful tackle on your feet. Thousands of game-saving tackles are made with slides.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But this instruction is coming from the either the US federation or the GA federation. I have to do some research to find out why this is the case.

Comment

But this instruction is coming from the either the US federation or the GA federation. I have to do some research to find out why this is the case.
              In my opinion, it is a bad idea to discourage them, but rather, teach them how to do it properly...if they are just out there cutting people down, that clearly can't be good. Still, I have no problem with them discouraging them at U10/12 and lower, as it can probably be taught more effectively at later years.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Based on my readings, they think most U9s are not properly balanced enough and therefore it can be dangerous. Most leagues seems to think it is fine at the U12 level.

yeah I am split about it too.

Comment

Based on my readings, they think most U9s are not properly balanced enough and therefore it can be dangerous. Most leagues seems to think it is fine at the U12 level.

yeah I am split about it too.
                  I just completed the Florida Youth Soccer Association Youth Module (U6/U8/U10) and one of the things they brought up was that kids upper bodies develop faster than the lower body, so they are top heavy...so maybe there is something in that after all.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I fully understand the reasons behind discouraging it but I strongly believe it is not the referee's place to call it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X