German coaching course brings new expectations, challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German coaching course brings new expectations, challenges

The five months here in Leipzig have come and gone and with it an immense amount of knowledge, new and expanding networking, new friendships, new experiences, and of course new expectations and challenges.
    It is therefore only natural to take a look back and see what, in addition to our bags, we are taking back.
    Before getting into what we are taking back, let me state categorically that I endorse this course 100 per cent and hope that in the years to come Jamaica's participation will be a norm and not an oddity. Not only should we facilitate the attendance of football coaches, but also coaches in other disciplines such as track and field, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, swimming, gymnastics, conditions training and sports for disabled athletes.
    So after five months, my colleagues and I will be certified as global experts in sports, football, track and field (for the French), conditions training (for the Spanish) and training for athletes with disabilities (Arabic) to be specific. Personally, I know I am still some way from becoming an expert, there is still much to learn, and the time to put to the test what has been learned into practice is now.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...enges_17270669
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

One club source said: ‘The main change when he joined Southampton was that the intensity was stepped up.’

Pochettino will arrive at the training ground at 7am and won’t be gone until 7pm at the earliest.

During the season he lightens the load but is still unrelenting in his pursuit of fitness. In a typical week Monday is a rest day, but then on Tuesday and Wednesday he expects hard training again, often with double and occasionally triple sessions.

On Thursday it is lighter training and on Friday Pochettino does tactical work, looking specifically at the team’s next opponents.

‘He brought the best out of me and gave me self-belief,’ Rodriguez said. ‘To work with him was brilliant, it was hard work but the lads loved it and we got results.

‘His tactical awareness gave you confidence, you wanted to go out for him because he’s such a great guy. You can talk to him. The players respected him so much.’

At Southampton they were prepared to walk over hot coals for him. Quite literally.

Pochettino brought in motivational speaker Xesco Espar. As the culmination of the session the Southampton squad were told to walk over hot coals. Pochettino led by example and went first. The players all followed him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz3ABdkXJMQ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What does one have to do with the other?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It's under the theme - coaching.

Comment

Oh! Of course!

(#Looneytheme)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good stuff!

One thing though, just remember is not that they are so good but what we don't like culturally they excel at, so continuity in good times and bad times, preventative maintenance, continually measuring performance at every level, straight feedback, gap analysis, improvement process, setting new goals and restarting the cycle, continual belt tightening.

Just watching Waterhouse last week, I was very impressed with two things their quick and very dangerous looking counter attacks and their continual reaction and industry in the defense area of their own box. What was missing was match fitness pretty much across the whole team by minute 75 and the midfield was totally missing in terms of being able to press the ball higher up the pitch so the midfield collapsed into the defensive line and they came under heavy pressure, they were lucky to win the match. Even with that I was still impressed.

When our local teams can make a consistent impact in concacaf club level champs Jamaican ball at that time would take a giant step forward.

So where exactly do you coach Jangle and what are your plans for the next year or so?

Comment

you realize they are in Preseason right?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                Good stuff!

So where exactly do you coach Jangle and what are your plans for the next year or so?
                Actually I coach a team called JangleJangle in a league sponsored by ESPN. I get many of my inspiration from right here on this forum. I am trying to incorporate your defense first philosophy, which I find very hard to do because of my love for attractive football. The team is actually looking for an assistant coach, I could put in a word of recommendation for you if you are interested. Let me know.

Comment

Haha, how much you paying Jangle. I will call the moving trucks. Btw where are you?

I actually did some coaching last year on a select team, it was a lot of fun, I was actually working with every team from 8-10 girls to under 19 boys and playing every day, it was a lot of fun but nuff time, but my real interest was in helping a friend really formalize his business model.

Comment

Preseason is not even an issue from the way I see it, the opportunity to showcase your players and get name recognition is massive, this is the real window of opportunity for improving jakan ball, our premier league winner must make noise at concacaf level or at least go out screaming bloody murder which means not getting eat due to poor fitness, poor organization, we must make the other teams from Mexico, us and rc feel the pain and puke on the field during and after the game even if we lose, that can only come from supreme fitness and organization which continues to be our weakest points.

Comment

It has to be an issue. I don't know of any team that ask their players to prepare year round. The fact is they could do better personally I have never know players to be 100% in preseason. Yes it show up more but to think that they would be as fit as when they are in season is not really possible.

It is not machine you are talking.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Good point, Sass! While Tauro has played at least 4 matches to date.

Stoni, I'm happy you liked what you saw of Waterhouse. Did you see the final in May when they played and were destroyed by MBUFC? That was an entertaining match of high quality. Yes, I mean high quality. Clearly, not all RSPL matches look like that, but neither do all MLS matches or even those in the EPL!

The thing is you can't watch RSPL expecting to see Liverpool vs Arsenal. And you must consider the field conditions as well. You don't need slow motion replay to notice that, at the last second, the ball hit a grass root which resulted in that wayward shot.

Football at any level can have quality players and quality teams that can deliver exciting matches. I'm not giving up in my NPL!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Pay??? Wha name so??? I get 100m to spend on players but after me buy Rooney, RvP, Sturridge, Hazard and Gerrard, me nuh have no money leff. So I can pay you with words of inspiration and comfort when hungry start to bite yuh. You will get satisfaction of being considered a footballing guru amongst your fellow forumites. What more could you ask for?

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/manchester-united

Comment

Will work untold hours for excellent jerk chicken and pork, Tastee patties, fried fish and bammy and a few stripes.

When can I start?

Comment

Working...
                              X