Why would a team trying to rebound attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would a team trying to rebound attempt

to sign a player like Thomas Vermaelen? He wasn't good enough to hold onto his position at Arsenal so why try to sign him for 15 mil? The team needs a leader in the back line and I doubt TV is that player .... but what do I know?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

My fear is Smalling and Blackett will be unfairly marginalized because players like Evans,Jones and now Val are "just" perceived to be inherently superior.I am really beginning to wonder....

Comment

You not good for one season don't mean you done. See Barca snap him up deh.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Eh!eh!eh! Wenger to Van Gaal "If you want Vermaalen then Phil Jones or Smalling will have to come to us, that is the only way we will do business with you".
        15 mil from Barca is a great deal for Arsenal.

Comment

That's ok, we can pass
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            You not good for one season don't mean you done. See Barca snap him up deh.
            Barca can use him afterall, how often would he need to defend with Barca having an average 70% possession?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, even if you have 70% possession you don't pay 15 million for a defender to come and give away goal or to be bench warmer, you have to think highly of him.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sas just left dem mek dem gwaan. Sour grapes!! Van Gaal was desperate to get him to play on the left of his 3-5-2

Comment

Well we might just take him if he begs. The power of the "P" might keep him in England.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                    Sas just left dem mek dem gwaan. Sour grapes!! Van Gaal was desperate to get him to play on the left of his 3-5-2
                    How is it sour grapes? In initial post I clearly stated he wasn't good enough. Secondly, if LvG was actually desperate, I think he would have agreed to send a player to Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      to sign a player like Thomas Vermaelen? He wasn't good enough to hold onto his position at Arsenal so why try to sign him for 15 mil? The team needs a leader in the back line and I doubt TV is that player .... but what do I know?
                      I wondered on why Wenger left him in the cold. He is our best central defender...or should I have said, "was"?

Never could understand Dunny's falling in line with the talking heads who claimed "he had lost form". To my way of seeing things, that was nonsense talk. The guy got injured and Wenger never gave him the matches to once more show his always held qualities.

Hell Wenger has been persisting with Giroud and Wilshire, 2 who undervalue the TEAM. ...particularly Wilshire. The guy is a dummy! How many years now has it been since he has been playing 1st TEAM ball and still has not learnt a thing about TEAM?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        I wondered on why Wenger left him in the cold. He is our best central defender...or should I have said, "was"?

Never could understand Dunny's falling in line with the talking heads who claimed "he had lost form". To my way of seeing things, that was nonsense talk. The guy got injured and Wenger never gave him the matches to once more show his always held qualities.

Hell Wenger has been persisting with Giroud and Wilshire, 2 who undervalue the TEAM. ...particularly Wilshire. The guy is a dummy! How many years now has it been since he has been playing 1st TEAM ball and still has not learnt a thing about TEAM?
                        Karl, where did you get this nonsense that he was injured? Vermaelan was dropped because of poor form and could not get back in the team because there are 2 better centre backs ahead of him, it is as simple as that. Good player but he can't dislodge the competition

Comment

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/barcelona-c...-deal-1460501?

Comment

Working...
                          X