Xavi: My only regret is ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavi: My only regret is ....

"When I think about all I have won with Spain and Barcelona and all they great players I have played with - it is impossible for me to have any regrets," he said.

"Maybe one small regret is that I never got to play with Paul Scholes - but I was never going to leave Barcelona and he was never going to leave Manchester United."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....laying-7572289
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Xavi a eediat. After Scholes nuh fast across ground. Scholes nuh have TOP OF THE WORLD speed. Scholes can defend. TOP OF THE WORLD midfielders will run rings 'round Paul Scholes.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Bolt’s friend Fuller signed a one-year deal with Millwall in July and, although he is very much an elder statesman in the group, is putting younger colleagues to shame across the ground in pre-season. Hardly surprising, the striker rationalises, given his nationality.

‘Bolt’s trainer, Glen Mills, used to coach me on the track as well,’ he added. ‘Me and Carlos Edwards (35) are the fastest players in training. The stats show it. We posted the same time. Bang on. But I should have broken the record – I let him off the hook!’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz39cLfUmF4
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Which Paul Scholes you are referencing?
        The young whipper-snapper, the top world midfielder or the wise old lumbering edition?

Xavi, I am sure, would have loved to play on the same TEAM as the top world midfielder.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am sure he would like to play with any one of the Paul Scholes you mention.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The same one who has never been fast ACROSS GROUND from he was 16.

Comment

Paul Scholes? I do not care what you have gotten from the...

...talking heads!

...but this Paul Scholes was never and has been never slow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqcAfJJoaRg

There is 'fast'...and there is 'fast'! It is a comparison with what holds in the moment or time period. Paul Scholes was quick in his early years and in his prime...and certainly when he was lumbering around he could match most over those early 5 steps...

Look again on those clips when he ran for a ball? ...and look at the man besides him 'killing up self' to stay in touch and losing!!!

Yup! Paul was never the fastest playing during his best years...but heaven forgive those who labeled him slow!!!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl stop the damn foolishness. Paul Scholes was never a speedster in his entire career. His ACROSS THE GROUND speed, as you always say, was very average at best. So too is Pirlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Karl stop the damn foolishness. Paul Scholes was never a speedster in his entire career. His ACROSS THE GROUND speed, as you always say, was very average at best. So too is Pirlo.
                  Speed is relative!
                  He certainly does not have top of the world speed. ...but was his pace good enough to frequently have him a step ahead of TOP OF THE WORLD players?

Well if emphasizing same is "damn foolishness" than count me as pointing out same believing the opposite to "damn foolishness". Look?...our Ricardo Fuller was considered fast over ground. Paul Scholes handled him very well, thank you! Yuh mussi tink a Mosiah's Maestro speed wi a talk bout?

Comment

Working...
                  X