Giorgio Chiellini slams Carlo Tavecchio for racist remarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giorgio Chiellini slams Carlo Tavecchio for racist remarks

Giorgio Chiellini slams Carlo Tavecchio for racist remarks as Italian football's presidential race hots up

By Brian Homewood, Reuters
    18:58 03 Aug 2014, updated 11:52 04

Tavecchio referred to African players as 'banana eaters'
    Juventus defender says Demetrio Albertini is the only credible candidate
    The election to replace Giancarlo Abete is to take place on August 11
    Italy and Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has joined the criticism of the Italian football federation (FIGC) presidential candidate Carlo Tavecchio after the 71-year-old referred to African players as 'banana eaters.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-hots-up.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I told an Italian coworker (at the time) that I didn't want Italy to win a game at the world cup because racism is still an issue in Italy. Many of his colleagues in the network dept were surprised when I said it ... but he calmly acknowledged I was correct.

How could AC Milan with players like Mario and Sulley still support this A...hole?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

They have no say, probably that's why... look at the owner of the Clippers !
      Last edited by Peter R; August 4, 2014, 08:54 AM.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        They have no say, probably that's why... look at the owner of the Clippers !
        According to the article, "Tavecchio, who initially had the support of all Serie A clubs except Juventus and AS Roma, has seen his backing drop since the incident, although many clubs, including AC Milan, still back him"

Since these players represent the club AC Milan, shouldn't the club support their players?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

No doubt... but who knows what goes through the minds of the the owners/managers etc.? What are their genuine feelings towards their players? Maybe they just view them a field-workers who can be replaced, and that's it..
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X