Assasin!!! Here is some more evidence that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assasin!!! Here is some more evidence that

the system is changing......19 players called for a U23 squad & only 2 are college players (1 is a goalkeeper).
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...t-camp-bahamas

Many of these are college players afflilated with PDL teams so gwaan fool yourself again. Only 8 players from the MLS and some like Salgado are left college to go to the MLS.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Oh man, thank you for that info!!!
      1. Could you list the "many" college players???
      2. How many of them left college early???
      3. If college is so good at developing players, why do they need the PDL to develop them for the MLS, and in some cases the NASL & USL Pro (Div. 2 & 3 in the U.S. system)???
      4. If the college system is so good at developing players, why does the Technical Director of U.S. Soccer, as well as the assistant senior coach/U20, U21 & U23 coach want college soccer to be removed from the U.S.S.F. development system???

Comment

Again, the PDL work with college players. The PDL is pretty much a summer league that the best college players play in. The MLS use the PDL to look at these players. The MLS teams have players affiliated with college. Again I will tell you the recent Jamaican US college grads were also stand out in the PDL including Deshorn Brown, Andre Lewis, Nandi son and now Omar Holness.

The NASL and USL Pro is not such a recruitment league but a league for professionals who didn't make the MLS or couldn't cut it. Many of the kids that play in the PDL do not get paid and that is why most are in college and play PDL in the summer.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pasad...de9d65e5a.html

Here is the NCAA guidelines
        http://www.uslsoccer.com/docs/NCAA%20Guidelines.pdf
        Last edited by Assasin; August 1, 2014, 11:06 PM.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have never said college is the best development there is. What I have said is college will alway be used as part of the US development system. Currently college is used with the PDL. Many of the top prospect in the colleges play PDL. Our kids are using that system to benefit themselves to go professional. Klingmann son who is a good goalie even went the college route, I wonder why.

The MLS club realise that it is expensive to run a second team so it is cheaper to go the PDL route and use a mix of some professional players and college students who they don't have to pay.

Some people talking about bypassing the colleges but NCAA don't allow paid players and the MLS teams rather not to pay. They tried it already but they realise paying 10000 and 20000 for borderline players wouldn't work as kids took scholarships instead, so they are willing to use the PDL. Only a small percentage of player 18 and under goes pro at an early age.

I don't know how else I can say it. As much as some people want a pure pro league, it will take a lot of change, the american sport culture, the money involved as US club owners think PROFIT, and NCAA always want to be a major player in sports.

Comment

Do you have the answers for the 4 questions I asked???

Comment

Klinsmann's son is a good goalie???......Says who & compared to which goalkeeper???......Have you seen him play???......Has he been called up???..............No need to wonder!!! Obviously he's not good enough to sign a professional contract or he'd be in Europe through his father's many contacts.

MLS clubs are either starting their own USL Pro teams or forming partnerships with existing USL Pro teams.....Get with the program!!! Your old system is on the way out.

Like it or not, your beloved college soccer is being kicked from the U.S. Development system, BUT you can go ahead & convince Burrell & the JFF that it's a good way to develop Jamaica's footballers.........Good luck with that.
              Last edited by USAF; August 2, 2014, 01:15 AM.

Comment

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...-a-goalkeeper/

Gwaan run off your mouth. The college system is here to stay. Did I even mention JFF in my post about college???? I spoke about ISSA which is a school sports administration. Currenlty we have players wasting who possible could make it pro. What are they doing???? Again wake me up when college is kicked from the development. That is wishful thinking.
                Last edited by Assasin; August 2, 2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

You're sleeping!!! That's why you're stuck in the past.......Go sell that college soccer development system to ISSA or whoever you want, but the U.S. is moving on to REAL development.
                  PLAYERS LIKE THIS IS WHAT WE WANT - SI.com broke an intriguing report claiming that Sporting Kansas City recently turned down a $1 million offer from Italian powerhouse Juventus for promising defender Erik Palmer-Brown, a 16-year-old US youth international who became KC's youngest-ever signing when he inked a Homegrown Player deal last year.

6/4/14 NY Times Magazine: “He (Klinsmann) believes the N.C.A.A. is killing the talent pool in the United States because teenage stars go to college and miss out on formative years of training with professional teams.”

7/20/14 Boston Globe: "In the future, Tab Ramos said that college soccer will not be part of the development equation. By replacing high school schedules with a 10-months-a-year commitment to an academy club, the leaders of US youth development aim to ensure more training time with top-level coaches. A schedule with four practice sessions per week and one game per weekend mimics the routine followed by many youth development clubs in Europe."

Comment

yeah Tab Ramos going pay for that. Tell me where the 10 months program is.

Yes picking one player is and giving me that.

http://www.ussoccerplayers.com/playe...e-yedlin-usmnt

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle....CLID=209603965

http://www.houstondynamo.com/players/aj-cochran

http://www.gozips.com/sports/msoc/20...ma_alfred_vewt

http://redlineproject.org/fireacademy.php

These are 5 of the players. I randomly pick 3 and I knew about Yedlin and Salgado. You can go and research the other 3. Do me a favor and make sure you read the last link twice before you post again.

Comment

Please research the complete team and you will see about 80% is or were connected to some college ball. I don't have time for that.

Comment

Last edited by USAF; August 2, 2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

"yeah Tab Ramos going pay for that" - This response reminds me of the naysayers who refused to believe that a professional soccer league (MLS) would work, because it had failed before so no one would want to invest.

"Tell me where the 10 months program is" - You do realize that Ramos revealed that plan in a July 20, 2014 article (today is August 2, 2014), so I think they deserve at least 3 - 5 years to see how it works.........Don't you agree???.......How much time has college soccer had???

" Yes picking one player is and giving me that" - Here are 9 more teenagers (3 forwards; 3 midfielders; 3 defenders). If you need more let me know.

Paul Arriola – Club Tijuana, Mexico (F) 19
                          Rubio Rubin – FC Utrecht, Holland (F) 18
                          Andrija Novakovich – Reading FC, England (F) 17
                          Junior Flores – Borussia Dortmund, Germany (M) 18
                          Joshua Perez – AFC Fiorentina, Italy (M) 16 *Hugo Perez nephew
                          Mukwelle Akale – Villarreal CF, Spain (M) 17
                          John Requejo Jr. – Club Tijuana, Mexico (D) 18
                          Jesus Vazquez – Tigres UANL, Mexico (D) 19
                          Matt Miazgo – New York Red Bulls, U.S.A. (D) 19

AGAIN!!! I will listen to the Technical Director of U.S. Soccer, Jurgen Klinsmann, who has been hired by USSF to improve the U.S. development system - 6/4/14 NY Times Magazine: “He (Klinsmann) believes the N.C.A.A. is killing the talent pool in the United States because teenage stars go to college and miss out on formative years of training with professional teams.”

Comment

The players you just pointed to overseas have heritage in Mexico or Europe or they couldn't get contract base on FIFA rules. Most Americans don't have that honor.

"Tell me where the 10 months program is" - You do realize that Ramos revealed that plan in a July 20, 2014 article (today is August 2, 2014), so I think they deserve at least 3 - 5 years to see how it works.........Don't you agree???.......How much time has college soccer had???

I hope you know it is not Tab's first year as head coach. The fact is college soccer is in the mix and will always be. Yes I expect improvement but don't look for they youths them going anywhere soon as MLS academy in most case can't even pay for boarding much less pay these players. Again the reality is MOST of the kids from these academy goes to college.

If nuff people had their way there would be no college soccer. Pick any of the players with American Academy and I guarantee you that at least 70-80 percent went or is going to a US college.

Comment

Working...
                            X