Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ominous

https://vine.co/v/MEqljK6IbLQ

HL, are you and your compadres Brickhead and heX ready fi dis?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

what was the score?

Comment

the better question is, What was the result? We won.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        the better question is, What was the result? We won.
        Looks good, but what was the score?

I hear Van Gaal giving off sounds that he will struggle in the Premiership for the first 3 months. What is that about? He has gotten so much of a better start out games among the weaker teams that if he were to not come out blazing, it would be surprising. When you think about it, last season, David Moyes had a tough draw at the beginning of the season. He did not overhaul the ManUre side he inherited from Ferguson and was vilified by the press and fans alike and was finally fired. Is Van Gall just getting press and fans ready should things don't go his way, he can say he told them?

I have to admit Van Gaal is a bigger name in coaching when compared to Moyes, so any slip at the outset will be tolerated by fans, the press and club management alike. They will realize that they have to give the man time to make his method work. The sad thing is, Moyes was not afforded that luxury.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

plus LvG is getting more out of the players than moyes did.

football is more about man mangement and less about teaching playershow to play football....we see that time and again.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Looks good, but what was the score?

I hear Van Gaal giving off sounds that he will struggle in the Premiership for the first 3 months. What is that about? He has gotten so much of a better start out games among the weaker teams that if he were to not come out blazing, it would be surprising. When you think about it, last season, David Moyes had a tough draw at the beginning of the season. He did not overhaul the ManUre side he inherited from Ferguson and was vilified by the press and fans alike and was finally fired. Is Van Gall just getting press and fans ready should things don't go his way, he can say he told them?

I have to admit Van Gaal is a bigger name in coaching when compared to Moyes, so any slip at the outset will be tolerated by fans, the press and club management alike. They will realize that they have to give the man time to make his method work. The sad thing is, Moyes was not afforded that luxury.
            "The sad thing is, Moyes was not afforded that luxury"

Really? The sad thing is Moyes shouldn't have been hired in the first place.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

the saddest thing thing is moyes was ACTUALLY hired ... wait a minute..that is the happy thing..beg pardon!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Why would LvG set himself up for a fall? Saying he is going to come out blazing would set himself up bigtime. There would be no wiggle room. No need to raise the supporters expectation more than it is right now.

I don't he is going into the season expecting to lose one game.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well he can't say he didn't get his chance.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes, Van Gaal is getting more out of the players I must admit. It goes to show how a manager's authority can go a long way in how he is able to execute his responsibilities. Players did not respect Moyes, especially seeing that he was coming to them from a lower club where he had not won anything in his years of coaching. Van Gall's coaching record and his reputation preceded him. The big name players now didn't feel that they were bigger than the manager. You find that players will now fall in line as no one is sure of their place, not even big name players like Rooney etc.

Managers have to be given not just responsibility to manage teams, but they have to have authority as well. Responsibility without the authority is courting disaster and is bound to lead to failure.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Really? The sad thing is Moyes shouldn't have been hired in the first place.
                      Funny, as you were singing a different tune when he was hired. But then hindsight as they say has 20-20 vision.

Comment

No that was always Lazie's position. I will give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          No that was always Lazie's position. I will give him that.
                          Not that I can recall. He started out supporting the decision, but wavered shortly after the results were not going their way.

Comment

Funny, as you were singing a different tune when he was hired. But then hindsight as they say has 20-20 vision.
                            Really? Even when it was rumored he was to be the next coach I asked why. I was never in support of Moyes getting the job. I am a Manchester United fan so of course I support the team, but you can find nothing to show me supporting Moyes.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Not that I can recall. He started out supporting the decision, but wavered shortly after the results were not going their way.
                              Yuh have it wrong Tilla, you need to reset the recall button.

Comment

Working...
                              X