RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be the best signing of the 2014/15 EPL season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess because he had a couple good games in the World Cup, Karl is ready to buy off on him being the best signing. There is the saying that having a good tournament does not necessarily make one a good player.
    Origi is young and inexperienced. Brendon Rodgers did the right thing in farming him out to gain experience and not pressure him with the burden of Liverpool football at this time. Maybe in a year or two he might be ready, but you do not want to pressure him to early.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Origi holds no secret to anyone who watches French Football he runs up and down a lot but is not anything special. His goalscoring record for Lille is 6 in 40 games he is promising but still have a long way to go.

Comment

Am I missing something here? Are you guys discussing the merits of the purchases/transfers made? and the season don't start yet? I don't get it...
        Peter R

Comment

Stoni, Gamma and Assassin say yuh can't mek dat judgment yet!
          Peter R

Comment

will origi be playing for liverpool this season?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It is certainly a tall order to be the best signing in the premiership when he will not be playing in the premiership for a year. You can depend on Karl to start that type of discussion.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                I guess because he had a couple good games in the World Cup, Karl is ready to buy off on him being the best signing.
                LOL!!! Liverpool has "been there and done that" before - who can forget El Hadji Diouf????
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Boom shakalack, that is exactly what I think of him, I didn't see any French 1st div but the games I saw him in for Belgium I was not specifically impressed about anything, seemed rather ordinary except his age.

Comment

Dem man yah wear diffrant glasses than you and me PeterR, even though a shades me wear. Dem man yah wear glasses wid future lenses.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

It is certainly a tall order to be the best signing in the premiership when he will not be playing in the premiership for a year. You can depend on Karl to start that type of discussion.
                      ...you do not pay close attention to transfer singings or you would not write off the young man playing in the EPL this season, even as you note the media reports that he has been signed and has been allowed to remain with Lille.

...And what may demand Liverpool's sending for him? - [Renegotiating the deal(?). That question mark is there as we have no inkling of details in that deal made by Liverpool & Lille.] - If my eyes on this pre-season Liverpool - such as the limited play I have watched - need of player for Sturridge to play off and play with. Sturridge to me currently looks lost!!!!

btw - Sterling currently looks like a player who has never played up to top quality football. I wonder, what is with that????
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I guess because he had a couple good games in the World Cup, Karl is ready to buy off on him being the best signing. There is the saying that having a good tournament does not necessarily make one a good player.
                        Origi is young and inexperienced. Brendon Rodgers did the right thing in farming him out to gain experience and not pressure him with the burden of Liverpool football at this time. Maybe in a year or two he might be ready, but you do not want to pressure him to early.
                        Experience teaches! ...yes? (Think on it!)
                        ...but quickness of brain is great difference maker. All he needs is a good teacher - Brendon Rodgers is a good teacher! Yup!...X! ...that youth teacher!

The main thing he lacks now is knowing when to pass. He is extremely skilled at 'beating'...but goes for that little unnecessary something when the pass - to/in goal or to a TEAMmate - would be the killer. Teacher?! Teacher?!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                          LOL!!! Liverpool has "been there and done that" before - who can forget El Hadji Diouf????
                          Yes...but this guy has what El Hadji Diouf never had - pace (to burn), excellent right foot and a left that is more than there to 'stand on' & way more technical skill than Diouf. This is a far better player.

Tilla is correct I am turning cartwheels on thinking of this guy's current ability and stored potential. Needs a Rodgers type teacher... of course Wenger's classroom would have been his best bet!

Comment

Afternoon Karl,Man U is going to, at the very least, make the top four this season,ergo....
                            My advice to EVERYBODY is our previous ciach is available,and will surely be guaranteed sufficient time by his very understanding new fans.
                            De ting tun up!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                              Afternoon Karl,Man U is going to, at the very least, make the top four this season,ergo....
                              My advice to EVERYBODY is our previous ciach is available,and will surely be guaranteed sufficient time by his very understanding new fans.
                              De ting tun up!
                              Afternoon, sah!
                              Arsenal

Chelsea

ManCity

BoyU

Liverpool could be in for a rough season?
                              The absence of a Suarez type leader/teacher will be - drum roll then understatement - felt! He was a big part of the Youth Teacher/Coach's getting his message across to Sturridge, Sterling and lesser players like Henderson.

Interesting to watch if Everton advances, marks time or takes a step back from the 'big boys'? In any case highest possible positioning for Roberto Martinez's team - 5th!!!

...of additional interest is Lukaku's faring. Expect the 'big boys' to 'work him out' and blunt his effectiveness. He is predictable. Strength and good pace he has...but often has a problem with knowing when to pass and when to motor on. Can be staved...and can be rendered ineffective as he often gives defenders great chance at disrupting his 'acts' or losing the ball/taking the ball from him as he hangs on to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                                Origi holds no secret to anyone who watches French Football he runs up and down a lot but is not anything special. His goalscoring record for Lille is 6 in 40 games he is promising but still have a long way to go.
                                He is highly skilled - control, beating, passing and shooting...has great pace. Just needs to know when to hold and when to pass or shoot. Wonderful young talent 'bawling out' for good teacher! ...could in one season - this season - rise to TOP OF THE WORLD!!!! Will he????

Comment

Working...
                                X