RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be the best signing of the 2014/15 EPL season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be the best signing of the 2014/15 EPL season?

Liverpool have signed Belgium striker Divock Origi from Lille for £10m.

The 19-year-old has agreed a five-year contract but will remain at the French club on loan next season and move to Anfield in 2015.

"I am very happy and delighted a club as big as Liverpool showed interest in me," he said. "I'm very excited."

Origi played in all five of Belgium's games at the 2014 Fifa World Cup during their run to the quarter-finals and scored in the 1-0 win over Russia.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28551650

---------

He appeared to be a great player in the making...but most important appeared to be already one of the world's best at his craft! Oh how I prayed he would be a GUNNER!!!

So far he is my 'best signing of the EPL'.
    Which signing is your's?
    Last edited by Karl; July 29, 2014, 01:51 PM. Reason: Correction - addition
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Peter R

Comment

Lemme see.... NO!!!!!! If he was he wouldn't have been farmed out to Lille.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Except he won't be in the side this season... BUT, given his age, his demonstrated ability, his potential and the price paid, it definitely looks like an excellent signing. I must admit I don't follow the leagues closely, nor the behind the scenes machinations (signings) so I didn't know of this young man before the WC, but LFC looks like they're building for the future.
        Peter R

Comment

maybe over a period of 3 years .. we'll see. he will be of no immediate use to liverpool so how can he be evalauted?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Isn't Karl asking for an evaluation of the purchase and not of the player?
            That in itself would have an element of subjectivity at this point, but the player's history, age, price paid, potential (subjective) and how he performs at Lille this year could all be used to evaluate the purchase. Immediately, of course, future performance would not apply.
            Peter R

Comment

how can you evaluate the purchase without evaluating the player?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That mi want know too. Even if him score 100 goals in France, he is not worth a penny in pound this season.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Liverpool have signed Belgium striker Divock Origi from Lille for £10m.

The 19-year-old has agreed a five-year contract but will remain at the French club on loan next season and move to Anfield in 2015.

"I am very happy and delighted a club as big as Liverpool showed interest in me," he said. "I'm very excited."

Origi played in all five of Belgium's games at the 2014 Fifa World Cup during their run to the quarter-finals and scored in the 1-0 win over Russia.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28551650

---------

He appeared to be a great player in the making...but most important appeared to be already one of the world's best at his craft! Oh how I prayed he would be a GUNNER!!!

So far he is my 'best signing of the EPL'.
                  Which signing is your's?
                  Simple answer Karl. No, he is just a young player with potential!

Comment

What do you think of ManU's signings so far? Shaw and the nex yute Herrera?
                    Peter R

Comment

Herrera looking good. Shaw has been timid but looked good last night.
                      Ask mi dis again in a month.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I agree Dunny, the best signing to me is Lallana to Liverpool.

Comment

I think Alexis Sanchez going to have the biggest impact this year. He has speed and can shoot, just what Arsenal needs.

Comment

yes, he isn't as one dimensional as giroud and to a lesser extent podolski ... with caorla and ozil feeding him .... whooo... same thing with joel

Comment

yep. Walcott injured too much, so with Sanchez and Joel will change that. Nuff teams going to worry. Giroud good is good to hold it up and play it off. Podolski at best is a bench player right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X