X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crouch backed to stay at Anfield

Crouch backed to stay at Anfield

Crouch joined Liverpool from Southampton in July 2005

Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has been told by manager Rafael Benitez that he has a future at the club.
    The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away from Anfield as Benitez rebuilds his team over the summer.
    But Crouch said: "Benitez told me I'm part of his plans and that's good enough for me. I'll relax over the summer and come back hungry for more.
    "At Liverpool there's going to be competition for places, especially as the manager likes to chop and change."
    The tall striker joined Liverpool from Southampton for £7m in July 2005 and has scored 17 goals in 46 Premiership appearances.
    606: DEBATE
    Your reaction to this story

Crouch came on as a substitute in the Champions League final against AC Milan and is currently training with the England squad ahead of their games with Brazil and Estonia.
    The 26-year-old was competing with Dirk Kuyt, Craig Bellamy and Robbie Fowler for a starting berth at Liverpool last season.
    Fowler has not been offered a new deal while Bellamy has been strongly linked with a move away from the club as Benitez rebuilds the Reds. The Spanish coach is expected to spend heavily in the summer following the takeover of the club by American duo George Gillett and Tom Hicks. "Benitez is going to bring top class players in so you always have to be on your toes," added Crouch.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X