This is the clearest one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the clearest one

I ever saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ib6-91pFY. Imagine what he could do with a full game. Please donate if you can;I want to see full games

So many claimed the big #9 (Serginho)was a poor player. They were not looking
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

He is not poor but just not on the same level as Junior, Socrates, Zico , Cerezo,Falcoa and Eder. Had it been Romario, R9, bebeto or Rivaldo that would be the team to talk about. The thing about the 82 seleca is that it wasn't deep in terms of what Junior, socrates et al could do.

If they think Sergino was bad; you should see Renato play. Notice Tele never put him on. Back in the days when I would get tapes from the Brasilian station in little Brasil; there was a game with Sao Paulo vs Flamengo (with Tele coaching Sao Paulo and Junior coaching Flemengo) Well all I could say is "some ball drop that day". Guess what Renato did? He got a ball in front of the open goal and managed to kick it over the bar. I was shocked, Junior must have been shocked. Tele bemused. If you see Renato play would not believe he is a Brasilian. Worse than Oscar Hulk would be super star compared to Renato.

Therefore Sergino played every game

Comment

Serginho was the odd man in that team & missed a few scoring chances (if I'm not mistaken 2 in the Italy game), but he was inserted as the starter because Careca was injured.
        Still wonder if Paulo Isidoro wouldn't have been a better offensive option.

Comment

Still wonder if Paulo Isidoro wouldn't have been a better offensive option.
          I can recall watching with some of my young friends back in the day and we all thought Isidoro was the player Tele Santana should play instead of Serginho. But what did we know about football?
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Isidoro would have been better but from a coaching stand point you could see where Tele wanted to hit a big guy with high balls at times in the game.If he was using a stats man then, Sergino would be taken out if not the stats man would be lying to him. I think Sergino was the leading scorer in the local league at the time. Don't hold me to it.

There was another guy from the 78 squad that he did not take; better than sergino.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
              He got a ball in front of the open goal and managed to kick it over the bar.
              Cannot remember a striker who has not done "the impossible miss"?
              ...do you know of one such?

btw - Did Messi do do one such miss in this recently concluded World Cup?
              Just asking...although I seem to remember one such! ...also Thomas Muller (my current World's best forward/midfielder) did on two occasions in this World Cup? ...rite?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                Isidoro would have been better but from a coaching stand point you could see where Tele wanted to hit a big guy with high balls at times in the game.If he was using a stats man then, Sergino would be taken out if not the stats man would be lying to him. I think Sergino was the leading scorer in the local league at the time. Don't hold me to it.

There was another guy from the 78 squad that he did not take; better than sergino.
                If I am not mistaken, Serginho was the in-form and highest scorer in internationals immediately preceding that World Cup. In JA parlance he was 'scoring goals for fun'.

An argument could be made that leaving him out contributed to Brazil's loss and being dumped out of that World Cup. He was a constant threat in front of goal...and occupied defenders opening space for his more skilled colleagues. His movement was always superb! ...and his passing was not not dusty.
                Last edited by Karl; August 2, 2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Karl I will hit you up later on this.

Comment

Karl mi say di man stan up in front ah di goal no presha an kick it whey. Yuh did see dat in the WC. Yuh see like how di yute did kick di ball inna di Mexican keeper hand up in Azteca? Well is suppen like dat.

Comment

It's the half chances that let him down Karl. At that level playing with those guys half chances should be a breeze. Notice how the rest of stars make it look easy. That Zico free kick is something to talk about 16 yards out and no way keeper could save it.

Comment

Working...
                      X