Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer Fever?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28386780
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

The United match last night was sold out. The Rose Bowl seats over 100k and tickets were sold out in 20 minutes.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If the trend continues, wont be too long before you see US clubs raiding premier league club like how Lpool raid southampton.

Comment

all major us sports are on hiatus...except baseball...the tv numbers tell the true story...yanks ain't innerested...

Comment

Is baseball a major sport????

Some people just fall to find it hard to believe. Even if football was on, it only play on weekends. Basketball mostly play at nights so that wouldn't stop the viewership.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so why is there no viewership?

Comment

No viewership for what??? Worldcup viewership exceeded many of the games played in the NBA finals, not to mention world championship basketball.

Comment

read the article...then ask me that question again

Comment

seem ike the regular desire to see the best teams in the world. that growth needs to be at the MLS level. they are doing a good job. not quite at fever levels yet, but on the right path.

Comment

TV viewing is limited for MLS teams. When I lived in NY I had more games to view. We hardly see Canadian teams, Two games a week is not enough but I notice now more highlights are been shown on sports. I know with a team in Atlanta I will see more. The numbers in the stands are impressive for MLS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                      so why is there no viewership?
                      ESPN’s 25th MLB Season Viewership & rating Up Double-Digits
                      • ESPN’s 25th Sunday Night Baseball Season Audience Up, Averaging Nearly Two Million Viewers
                      • MLB Delivers Ratings Increases Across Key Demos on ESPN
                      • WatchESPN Experiences Significant Growth for MLB Games

Through 42 games, ESPN’s 25th Major League Baseball season is experiencing double-digit viewership and ratings growth. The 2014 season is averaging 1,242,000 viewers (p2+), up 11 percent versus 2013 (1,123,000), according to Nielsen. Additionally, ESPN is averaging a 0.9 U.S. household rating, up 13 percent from last year’s 0.8
                      http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...digits/283474/

NBC and NBCSN combined to average 438,000 viewers – up 99% from last season’s combined average on ESPN, ESPN2 and FOX Soccer (220,000). On a cable-only comparison, NBCSN averaged 395,000 viewers, an 80% increase over the ESPN, ESPN2 and FOX Soccer average.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/epl-...14-season.html
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

why are you quoting numbers for Major League Baseball viewership numbers when we talking bout football?

Comment

I am showing you the comparison between American viewership of their BIG sport compared with the infant American sport of "soccer".

Comment

now quote the viewership numbers for the EPL...the most watched league in the US...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                              now quote the viewership numbers for the EPL...the most watched league in the US...
                              You cannot look at it just like that BT. Didn't we go over this before? What about football fans that aren't fans of English football? There are those that only watch Barca or Real in La Liga, there are those that only watch German or Italian football because of their roots etc.

Unlike US leagues that have no competition, on a Sunday morning football fans could watch German league or Italian league or an EPL game.

Another factor is the time. On Saturdays and Sundays and games are played in the morning. A family that have various things to do would not be able to sit and watch the game so of course viewership would be affected.
                              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                              X