Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil names Dunga as new coach

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazil-...7426--sow.html

What is this? Musical chairs with the same players?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

retrograde step.....dunga is part of how the new brasil plays.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well Dunga is not hard to figure out. He likes jogo bonito but not in his defensive third. Play all the pretty ball you want in the opponents final third.
        Many said it's because Dinho messed him up in a game why the snob in 2010. Many forgot that Dunga invited Dinho and kaka to Copa america 07 and they declined. Brazil was on the verge of crashing out of the tourney when a teenager named Robinho carried Brazil on his back to stay in the tourney and win the whole thing. From that day onward Binho became Dunga's AMX card.

If Brasil wants to stop further decline (in the sense of losing the jogo bonito completely) they have to start by picking highly skilled attacking players. Players that love to take on opponents. These players come in the mould of pele, Garrincha,Romario, R9,Rivaldo, Robinho , Dinho, Neymar just to name a few. These players are essential to Brasil winning a title. If not Brasil may well just be stuck on the number five.

Comment

Hey Jawge. If it was up to me I would have appointed you. How much worse can it get. As it stands now prepare for more Dunga boredom. Back to the not so pleasant future.

Comment

LOL Tele Santana would be proud; only that the defence would be much more discplined and tighter . What hurts Brasil most this WC was 4 two defensive mid and two attacking player. Notice in the final third of Brasil the defesive mid were not there to pressure for the ball. Whenever Brasil loses the ball; the mids ball watch hoping the center backs would win the ball. When Brasil is going forward Fred doesn't have the ability to take on opponents and Oscar is just passing, mis-controlling or making incomplete passes. That's -4 there for Brasil. Hulk can't convert half chances. Now when Brasil is playing with these negatives; it's no surprise (except for the 7-1)

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
              As it stands now prepare for more Dunga boredom. Back to the not so pleasant future.
              Yes, Dunga's team was mainly about defense, organization and counter attacks. Not exactly known for its sparkling play.
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

Well he has to modify things because he will need more than one sparkle in his attack at the WC.He must have learnt something from the last WC (leaving out Dinho to combine with Binho)

Comment

I think the failure of Brazil was not as a result of any one, two, three or even 4 players. The Brazilian system of play was missing, plain and simple. I think even with Dinho and Binho, the writing was still on the wall.

They have to go back to the drawing board and come back with a Brazilian way of playing.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Dunga says no crybabies and no dyed hair in the new Brazil!

Several things Dunga does not like about Neymar and the current state of the Brazilian national team
                    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                    - Xavi

Comment

i think dunga is architect of this current type of play...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Your argument is circular. Describe the type of play that comes from Dinho, Binho and Neymar. Yuh know what don't answer keep parroting ESPN.

Comment

The same cry was coming from my someone in my house that Scolari had demotivated the whole team by elevated Neymar to God like status. The rest of team did not believe in themselves. I was like half way yah but now I see where Dunga is going. Klinsman did not have the quality in numbers that was on that selecao yet Klinsman got more out of his team.

Scolari did a mind job on that team. I was mildly surprised when Scolari said to the press "he is the star; here is your star". Scolari had an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                            Your argument is circular. Describe the type of play that comes from Dinho, Binho and Neymar. Yuh know what don't answer keep parroting ESPN.
                            Instead of criticizing my point, why not put forward your argument to illustrate what you are talking about "circular argument" in my post?

"Parroting ESPN" - I guess you do not want to encourage dialogue, so you come with this nonsense? Anybody parroting I would say it is you.

Most people counter other people's points with cogent argument. Are you incapable of this?
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

See, now I'm exposed. You are good Tilla

Comment

Working...
                              X