RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assasin!!! Here's a glimpse of the change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assasin!!! Here's a glimpse of the change.

Of the 20 players called, only 4 are college players. A few years ago it would have been the opposite. The push is to teach/coach & develop the best players within a professional system, because the college system is not adequate enough.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-national-team

***Why isn't Jamaica competing in tournaments like these??? ......Are they waiting until 2 weeks before qualifying to prepare the youth teams??? This would be great exposure & experience for the youngster.

***Did you see this: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ove-spains-sev

I suspect Sass will continue to push for the college route to develop footballers.... regardless of the clear evidence that it's sub-optimal and even the USA is moving away from it

Go figure
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Stop spreading propaganda as most of the academy player are all also college players. Most play in the PDL league. Again many of our recent college players like Nandi son. Deshorn Brown, Lewis and Blake also played in that league while in college.

Again MLS can't keep Academy players without college. They tried and it didn't work as most of the youths leave for college. What they are doing is using the best college kids with a few who can go pro. How many 16 or 17 year olds you see going pro in the US? MLS and academy clubs CAN'T pay for their academy players college and only few can get wages. MLS is finding ways to work with college, not around it.
      Last edited by Assasin; July 19, 2014, 04:28 PM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/colle...s-u23-(unc)_14

Here is the perfect example. Omar of UNC is also a member of the Timbers team.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/2617/...ollege-players
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

***Why isn't Jamaica competing in tournaments like these???
          The JFF is broke and that is their reality! Shipping off a team to compete in these competitions takes money. Imagine, sending a team to a competition like this, with airfair, hotel accommodation, food and and other expense could easily run into US$100,000. This is a tall order for any organization that does not have a constant income stream and sponsors do not want to readily commit.

The only way I could see this happening is if they could secure sponsorships for the respective teams to attend competitions. I think sponsors only want to commit to the senior men's team when they do, while showing no interest in the age roup teams.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

What you don't seem to realize is that partly because so many US youth players spend critical years playing the low level football that college offers.... they end up with a bunch of mediocre players. Consequently they have to import snow ballas out of Germany to get up to snuff

The US hopes to compete with the top rank teams.... this will NEVER occur if college ballas are a significant part of their program
            Having seen the deficiency in their system they're looking to move away from college ball.... for serious ballas dat is.

College is still a great opportunity for recreational football for student athletes to get a degree and a career outside football

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

You and others yapping. There is still no proof that US soccer is moving away from college players. The college players are still the academy players and if some of our youngsters are involved they will still get to play the highest level of soccer in America.

The fact is US college and MLS has developed a lot of players that play at World cup. The recent world cup had 23 players on rosters. How many did the Jamaican league have. MLS is 20 year old and not bad producing players like Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, Beasly and others. Yes it will get better but don't look for college players to be excluded and the draft to go away anytime soon. There is no move afoot to get rid of that.

I notice people like you who use constantly criticize the US, MLS and don't even watch it know about the development.

The US had 7 foreign born players, like every other team they will get some players but the last world cup they had less and went past the group stage as well. Most of the foreign born players were not even starters but squad members. The fact is the US is a top 20 team in the world and deserving of this, in part because of MLS players. Not bad eeeeh. I notice you cheer for every team that played against the US for a man living in the US, never once for them so I can understand

Comment

=Assasin;488254]You and others yapping. There is still no proof that US soccer is moving away from college players. The college players are still the academy players and if some of our youngsters are involved they will still get to play the highest level of soccer in America.
                Man dun show yuh evidence dat di US a move from college fi develop balla. If yuh nuh sight up dat ah fi yuh mental deficiency dat

College ball is a LOW LEVEL stepping stone... and inadequate for football development. The faster serious footballers escape that environment...the better

T
                he fact is US college and MLS has developed a lot of players that play at World cup. The recent world cup had 23 players on rosters. How many did the Jamaican league have. MLS is 20 year old and not bad producing players like Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, Beasly and others. Yes it will get better but don't look for college players to be excluded and the draft to go away anytime soon. There is no move afoot to get rid of that.

I notice people like you who use constantly criticize the US, MLS and don't even watch it know about the development.
                The discussion is not about MLS... it's about the manifest inadequacy of college ball
                A nation with sense & resources is not going to depend on low level recreational leagues like college football .... to produce players able to compete with the world's best.... To its credit the US is changing that course

But I guess depending on college ball is better than depending on even lower level high school football as Jamaica does

The US had 7 foreign born players, like every other team they will get some players but the last world cup they had less and went past the group stage as well. Most of the foreign born players were not even starters but squad members. The fact is the US is a top 20 team in the world and deserving of this, in part because of MLS players. Not bad eeeeh. I notice you cheer for every team that played against the US for a man living in the US, never once for them so I can understand
                Yuteman yuh deluded... yuh conflating different issues...MLS, top 20 team, where mi live & other assorted nonsensical & irrelevant arguments.
                Look like mi Tims to yuh headside ah get yuh bummy

The discussion is about whether or not the low level, recreational football played in US colleges is an adequate development platform for football... it is NOT

High level football needs a high level environment to flourish... not low level recreation
                Last edited by Don1; July 20, 2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

College produces MLS players. College and PDL are developmental leagues used by MLS to scout talent and they become pro players. Our college players are making it pro by going to the MLS.

US is a top 20 team in the world in part because of the MLS, MLS is one of the top 20 leagues in the world so no reason we shouldn't try to get more players in it.

You guys can't show me one evidence that MLS or US soccer is moving away from the college soccer/PDL format instead it is getting stronger and our players are included and using it be on top of the MLS draft.

SHOW ME OTHERWISE, show me show me some evidence or you are just yapping.
                  Last edited by Assasin; July 20, 2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

College produces NPL players. College and PDL are developmental leagues used by MLS to scout talent and they become pro players. Our college players are making it pro by going to the MLS.
                    NPL?? Yuh confused

US is a top 20 team in the world in part because of the MLS, MLS is one of the top 20 leagues in the world so no reason we shouldn't try to get more players in it.
                    MLS is not my concern here...low level college ball is

You guys can't show me one evidence that MLS or US soccer is moving away from the college soccer/PDL format instead it is getting stronger and our players are included and using it be on top of the MLS draft.
                    SHOW ME OTHERWISE, show me show me some evidence or you are just yapping.
                    Mi nuh need fi try show yuh nutten...yuh head too tuff anyway

Comment

NPL was a typo, and corrected.
                      Playing college ball is not the ultimate goal and never was, getting more players in the MLS was and College/PDL is the easiest route and proven route for our second tier players, some who are not even on the national radar.

Fact is college ball/PDL is still used and will be used in the near to long term future. You can't show me anything otherwise.

Comment

It is backward thinking like this that retards Jamaican football.

Colleges and high schools are designed for education... not for football development

Comment

How has it retarded Jamaican football. Athletics uses it, NFL, NBA. so tell me how it makes Jamaican football backward.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            How has it retarded Jamaican football. Athletics uses it, NFL, NBA. so tell me how it makes Jamaican football backward.
                            College athletics, American football and basketball are at a relatively high world standard so they produce a quality output.... college football is relatively low level... and it shows.

That's the difference

Anyway enuff schooling fi yuh pon dis... mi gawn

if yuh cyaan find yuh way to di light a nuh fi mi fault
                            Last edited by Don1; July 20, 2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

It is better than anything you and the JFF can come up with that doesn't cost huge sums. It has produce players that play at the highest level and will continue to do so. That is the fact.
                              Last edited by Assasin; July 20, 2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X