RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the best goal of the world cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the best goal of the world cup?

Here is what I use to evaluate:

1. Difficulty
    2. Odds of repeating it
    3. Aesthetic value

On those grounds, RVP, James Rodriguez, Mario Goetze and Tim Cahill all scored great goals, but I give it to Tim Cahill - great left foot volley (weaker foot) that would be much harder to repeat than any of the other 4 I think. I can also see the argument for RVP's goal; as I see it (maybe I'm leaving out a great strike or two):

1st: Tim Cahill
    2nd: RVP
    3rd: Rodriguez and
    4th: Goetze

"H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

agree except would switch rodriguez with goetze

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agreed! Goetze's was more difficult (movement involved), and it was a World Cup final!

To the casual observer, Rodriguez' looks spectacular, but for the cognoscenti among us, it was not that difficult to do.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Agreed! Goetze's was more difficult (movement involved), and it was a World Cup final!

To the casual observer, Rodriguez' looks spectacular, but for the cognoscenti among us, it was not that difficult to do.
        BLASPHEMY!!!!!! Call me casual observer but that goal was #1. The man's back is to goal, used to chest to put the ball in a position to shoot ..... what the fornication you people drinkin'?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          BLASPHEMY!!!!!! Call me casual observer but that goal was #1. The man's back is to goal, used to chest to put the ball in a position to shoot ..... what the fornication you people drinkin'?
          Wait, are you saying that was a harder goal to score than Cahill's or RVP's too? Or just Goetze's?
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
            Wait, are you saying that was a harder goal to score than Cahill's or RVP's too? Or just Goetze's?
            All the goals are amazing but I am not going to sit here and watch my RBSC colleagues commit blasphemy. The fact the youth had the awareness to use his chest to put the ball in a position to get off that shot ....come on .... if Ronaldinho had done that his face would be on money. That is the best goal of the tournament.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

All the goals are amazing but I am not going to sit here and watch my RBSC colleagues commit blasphemy. The fact the youth had the awareness to use his chest to put the ball in a position to get off that shot ....come on .... if Ronaldinho had done that his face would be on money. That is the best goal of the tournament.
              Don't you think Cahill's was harder?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                Don't you think Cahill's was harder?
                Cahill is already facing the goal, as beautiful as that goal was, James' was more difficult as his back was to the goal when he received the ball. How many fans/players expected him to do that? Come on, give onto Caesar.

Comment

Paul, are you engaged in conversion with a casual observer?

Have the observer know that James was pretty much stationary throughout the entire execution. Players practice that in training all the while. And James was under no pressure whatsoever.

Goetze executed his at full blast down the field. It's the sort of thing you can't practice but, come game time, you put together all you have learnt over the years to execute such a shot. Likewise Cahill's, you can't practice that in training.

I would tell him myself, Paul, but I do believe you have more practice dumbing down discussions, what with your dialogue
                  with X in recent times.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Paul, please let the observer know that schoolboys pull off that "trick" time and time again.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Paul, are you engaged in conversion with a casual observer?

Have the observer know that James was pretty much stationary throughout the entire execution. Players practice that in training all the while. And James was under no pressure whatsoever.

Goetze executed his at full blast down the field. It's the sort of thing you can't practice but, come game time, you put together all you have learnt over the years to execute such a shot. Likewise Cahill's, you can't practice that in training.

I would tell him myself, Paul, but I do believe you have more practice dumbing down discussions, what with your dialogue
                      with X in recent times.
                      Casual observer! I can accept that! The casual observer would ask, how many players would have put the ball down and try to turn or make a pass? All the other goals there was only one thing for the players to do .... shoot. James could have pass the ball, he could have put it down and tried to turn, but he did the unexpected.

But wait ... the casual observer will also ask .. what difference does it make that he was "stationary"? He held his position which allowed him the space and he was under no pressure because of his quick thinking.

Comment

Paul, please let the observer know that schoolboys pull off that "trick" time and time again.
                        LOL ... I guess I need to start watching more D Cup and Manning Cup games then.

Comment

Skippy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Cahill is already facing the goal, as beautiful as that goal was, James' was more difficult as his back was to the goal when he received the ball. How many fans/players expected him to do that? Come on, give onto Caesar.
                            Lazie, what made James goal "look" good was that it hit under the crossbar. But you can't tell me that weak foot volleys from the top of the area (receiving the ball over your shoulder) is more prevalent than chest to foot volleys. The former is far more rare a sight. Anyway, to each his own. I don't think that Cahill could repeat that strike given 10 chances...can't say the same for James.

Comment

1st: Tim Cahill
                              2nd: Rodriguez
                              3rd: Goetze
                              4th: RVP

THis is how I would rank them. I think the RvP goal got a lot of press because his goal looked spectacular. If one should take some time to look at the mechanics of the header a bit more, he made the header, then hurled himself in the air following the ball. Most people you hear said he ran and hurled himself in the air to make he header. That is not the case.

It was a good play still, shows good timing and anticipation, but I think the embellishment (flying Dutchman), really occurred after he contacted the ball and it was on its way to goal.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X