• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player ratings for World Cup finals

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...h-9603601.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

NONSENSE Player ratings!

Manuel Neuer
    Performed with authority on ground and in the air - but was fortunate not to be punished when racing out to punch clear off the head of Higuain. 6/10

He did nothing wrong but great goalkeeping when he punched that ball. Neuer was excellent all tournament.

Jérôme Boateng
    Cleared danger from underneath his own crossbar as Messi drove forward and made another vital interception as substitute Aguero closed in. 7

How does he get the same rating as Ozil, only Karl and Stoni can tell yuh! Boateng is the only one with speed in the German defence. He was the rock today!

Mesut Özil
    Arsenal man struggled to get on the ball in right places at start but his bearing on the match grew. Moved inside after introduction of Schürrle. 7

He seemed to be getting weaker the longer the match went. Which might have explained his substitution?

Miroslav Klose
    Record finals scorer pulled out of early challenge as Romero charged out. Veteran looked a little off the pace, failing to trouble with header or shot. 5

Not his fault the header was weak. He attempted it from a weak cross and was under pressure from an Argentine defender. As for the shot, how many players took shots today?!?

Mario Gotze
    Bayern Munich midfielder replaced record-breaker Miroslav Klose in the closing minutes of normal time and displayed marvellous composure to chest down André Schürrle’s pass before volleying past Sergio Romero. 7

Gotze gets the same score as Ozil. I rest my case!

Gonzalo Higuain
    Shot across goal and sent effort wide when presented with Kroos header. Slotted home when offside and caught as Neuer charged out of the box. 7

He gets a 7 even while missing the easiest goal of the entire tournament. I rest my case again!

Lionel Messi
    Surged forward to create opportunities but was well policed. Drove past post early in second half and shot wide but again faded in influence. 7

7? Really? Okay, he was under tremendous pressure all day, but still, he failed to hit the target on at least 2 occasions and a cup-saving freekick at the end was woefully hit.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Better player ratings here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...orld-cup-final

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And perhaps the best ratings I've come across:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28286068

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agree here Mo...

All now mi vex bout the freekick.

The best Messi did was to set Hig up for the sitter which he flubbed.

Comment

Working...
          X