Philadelphia Union to sign Jamaican striker Brian Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia Union to sign Jamaican striker Brian Brown

Philadelphia Union confirm they are set to acquire Jamaican striker Brian Brown following trial

The Philadelphia Union are about to get a little more Jamaican flair.

Confirming a report that first appeared in Jamaica earlier this week, Union interim manager Jim Curtin said that the Union will acquire Jamaican striker Brian Brown – possibly in time for Saturday’s game against the Colorado Rapids at PPL Park (7 pm ET; MLS Live).

“There’s still some paperwork that needs to finish up, but he’s going to be with us going forward,” Curtin said. “He’s a player that we’re excited about.”

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Good going!
    I wish Brain goes from strength to strength.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Good going!
      Well he's sure to be an intelligent player with a name like that!
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Karl messed up. It is BrIAn not BrAIn.
        Brian is a popular name in Jamaica.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanks for the correction posted in your usual inimitable style.
          ...and with my apology to Mr. Brian Brown!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Brown pledges to find net on loan stint: "I'll put my chance away"

When reporters hovered around Brian Brown in the PPL Park home locker room following the Philadelphia Union’s 3-3 draw with the Colorado Rapids on Saturday, Philly’s newest acquisition looked uneasy.

But when the 21-year-old Jamaican forward was asked what he thinks he can contribute to the Union, that uneasiness quickly gave way to a quiet confidence.

“I score,” said Brown, who was acquired on loan from Jamaica’s Harbour View FC on Saturday for the remainder of the MLS season. “That’s what I do best: I score goals. I may not play much but I like to score. So if I get my chance, I’ll put my chance away.”

(continue)
            - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Good going!
              dis yute leff high skool ball bout when.... like 3 years aback?
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

why you asking? If him never mess up himself he could have been in the college draft last year.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                  Well he's sure to be an intelligent player with a name like that!
                  best laugh i have had today.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    dis yute leff high skool ball bout when.... like 3 years aback?
                    What held him back? ...or more accurately, is holding him back?
                    ...and talking to myself - The system!

If he never makes it that would be the fault of - the system's failure to properly develop our talented youngsters.

...and if he makes it that would despite debilitating obstacles placed in his path by the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      why you asking? If him never mess up himself he could have been in the college draft last year.
                      Yeah! ...has talent but unfortunately not as far along as a good development system would have had him!!!!

btw - Sass: Can you point us to one of our players who used the college route to football fame and muti-million dollar football fortune?

He or they may be out there but it would be great to know who he is...or they are.

Comment

How many players we have who have multi- million dollar fortunes???

We had about 4 yard born players who played in the EPL. Given the chance we may have more.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That's "our" biggest problem.

We blame everything and everyone but ourselves.

(...still trying to decipher your last sentence...)
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

How many players we have who have multi- million dollar fortunes???

We had about 4 yard born players who played in the EPL. Given the chance we may have more.
                            Only two I can think of - Bibi and Willy Boo!
                            My understanding is, in their prime each was being paid upward of pound sterling 20,000 per week. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Of those 4, did any come thru the US systems of either college or MLS?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X