The Final & 3rd place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    One important technical failure - Philip Lamn's failure to hit a one-time cross at pace at desired height. His time was just off and the ball flew high... He must be cussing himself as Klose was in full flight and would have met that ball at or about the penalty-spot. (Sweet play...but for the mistimed cross).
    Yuh really assessing Lahm's performance on that one-time effort that went wayward? An important technical failure?!?!? Frig! I wonder if Ozil had any important technical failures yesterday?!?!?

Somehow, others saw a different game:

Philipp Lahm
    Always looked to get forward but never forgot his responsibilities further back. The Bayern man demonstrated a superb range of passes. In fact, he managed more accurate forward passes (69) than any other player on the pitch. A steady if not spectacular display. - BBC

Philipp Lahm: Touched the ball 50 times in the first half and combined nicely with Mueller. - Bleacher Report

Philipp Lahm
    Again started at right-back and still remained one of the main threats going forward for Germany. Solid in defence in commanding showing. 7 - The Independent

Sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Amazing to see the Germans stumbling all over the place. Tired players in dangerous areas. 3 of the back 4? ! Done!

I would have thought that would be the Argentines with tired heavy legs!
      Why would the Argentines' legs be tired, more than anyone else's?!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Why would the Argentines' legs be tired, more than anyone else's?!?!?
        They had shorter recovery period...and that from a match that went to Extra-time.

Using one of your sports as an example - Hey! ...you just did your hurdles semi-finals...and the others did theirs 1 hour past... Think you may have heavier legs?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

They had shorter recovery period...and that from a match that went to Extra-time.

Using one of your sports as an example - Hey! ...you just did your hurdles semi-finals...and the others did theirs 1 hour past... Think you may have heavier legs?
          The trouble with that though, Karl, is we're not talking about playing an hour or two later that day. To use your phrase, as fact, playing 3 days after a semifinal, you are not at a disadvantage if you played extra-time and the other team didn't. In fact, the team that played the longer match has statistically gone on to win the next match more often than not!

Even in tennis where the Wimbledon finals is played two days after the semis. The player who won in five sets is not at a disadvantage against the player who won his semi in straight sets. As fact!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The trouble with that though, Karl, is we're not talking about playing an hour or two later that day. To use your phrase, as fact, playing 3 days after a semifinal, you are not at a disadvantage if you played extra-time and the other team didn't. In fact, the team that played the longer match has statistically gone on to win the next match more often than not!

Even in tennis where the Wimbledon finals is played two days after the semis. The player who won in five sets is not at a disadvantage against the player who won his semi in straight sets. As fact!
            There is no trouble with that!
            It never means being disadvantaged suggests that you will lose or that you should lose! ...there are always compensating factors that are to be included in any prediction of possible result.

Fact is the persons with shorter recovery times are at a physical disadvantage as it relates to their recovery over time.

...let us look at worse case - Shorter recover time and their is still a better physically performance than that of the opponent. That in no way disputes or proves false that if the recovery time given was fair and equal your performance would be even better than that when your opponent was vanquished. ...opponent could them be not merely overcome but possibly 'beaten into the ground'.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

There is no trouble with that!
              It never means being disadvantaged suggests that you will lose or that you should lose! ...there are always compensating factors that are to be included in any prediction of possible result.

Fact is the persons with shorter recovery times are at a physical disadvantage as it relates to their recovery over time.

...let us look at worse case - Shorter recover time and their is still a better physically performance than that of the opponent. That in no way disputes or proves false that if the recovery time given was fair and equal your performance would be even better than that when your opponent was vanquished. ...opponent could them be not merely overcome but possibly 'beaten into the ground'.
              What are you going on about? I just presented you with FACTS!

It is clear that, after a certain time, recovery time is not a factor. If we follow your spurious argument, then if the final was played a month after then we would still have to consider recovery time. Forget fair and all the other stuff you'd so want to factor into the equation, muddying up the very clear waters.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh really assessing Lahm's performance on that one-time effort that went wayward? An important technical failure?!?!? Frig! I wonder if Ozil had any important technical failures yesterday?!?!?

Somehow, others saw a different game:

Philipp Lahm
                Always looked to get forward but never forgot his responsibilities further back. The Bayern man demonstrated a superb range of passes. In fact, he managed more accurate forward passes (69) than any other player on the pitch. A steady if not spectacular display. - BBC

Philipp Lahm: Touched the ball 50 times in the first half and combined nicely with Mueller. - Bleacher Report

Philipp Lahm
                Again started at right-back and still remained one of the main threats going forward for Germany. Solid in defence in commanding showing. 7 - The Independent

Sigh!
                English (Language)? - sigh!
                Lahm was magnificent throughout the tournament. That was the one major -(? certainly better words could have been used!) - breakdown I could remember that would have put the Germans in on goal and it would have been a 'mouthwatering' delivery if he had executed!

It was the anticipation as I saw the pass before he attempted it...and the letdown I felt that led to my speaking on it! Had nothing to do with his performance in the tournament being less than brilliant. ...as fact, it was part of all I said before and attempt to high-light just how brilliant he was!!!!

English (Language)? ...sigh!!!

Comment

English (Language)? - sigh!
                  Lahm was magnificent throughout the tournament. That was the one major -(? certainly better words could have been used!) - breakdown I could remember that would have put the Germans in on goal and it would have been a 'mouthwatering' delivery if he had executed!

It was the anticipation as I saw the pass before he attempted it...and the letdown I felt that led to my speaking on it! Had nothing to do with his performance in the tournament being less than brilliant. ...as fact, it was part of all I said before and attempt to high-light just how brilliant he was!!!!

English (Language)? ...sigh!!!
                  Damn right! Could have been better said!

No worries!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X