Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Final & 3rd place

Germany v Argentina - Sunday, 13 July 2014
    Have said it before: Germany is the best TEAM in the tournament.

[/B]
    Group - GROUP OF DEATH!
    Germany shall win the group. TEAM! TEAM! TEAM! That is the German forte! ...plus they are strong, fast, technical proficient and mentally strong.

To win the group - Germany

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...583#post481583
    ...and...

ROUND OF 16 - Germany v Algeria
    Germany is my #1 TEAM in the World. Typical German TEAM: Well organized. Strong players save Mesut Ozil who is possibly the most creative player playing the game outside of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. A supporting cast which includes the best attacker/defender in Thomas Muller.

Thomas Muller is on par with Messi and Ronaldo on finishing. He is also as good a defender as one can have.

...then there is defender/midfielder extraordinaire, Philip Lamn. This is simply a team bursting with talent of top order in every position. A superbly balanced TEAM.

To win the group - Germany

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...559#post484559
    ...and...
    QUARTERS - France v Germany

We have here comparison between the efficient and creative perpetual motion Germany with its X1 attackers (yes...please include goalkeeper, Neuer) and its X1 defenders. Germany presents goal-scoring threats...constant goal-scoring threats...from among its forwards and midfielders versus a French TEAM that is not at 100% as unit.

In this tournament, the French have not had the baptism of fire the German have had. The French had it easy in the group stages and if it was not noticed that they were less than well organized and balanced in the earlier rounds, they were found out and displayed as such in the just concluded Round of 16 match by Nigeria.

The French still have too many passes going astray in crucial areas. Good possession becomes more and more crucial as the standard of play moves closer to the TOP OF THE WORLD status. That good possession was not displayed. It is also worth noting that the French made heavy weather of getting by a Nigeria rocked with internal conflicts and less committed to playing football.

Stats: Scroll down to> Scoring - Attacking - Defending - Passing
    France - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/t...tatistics.html

Germany - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/t...tatistics.html

To win and advance - Germany

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...301#post485301
    ...and...

SEMI-FINALS: Germany
    The Germans are simply the best organized and best at TEAM-play. A TEAM with which it is difficult to find any weakness. End of Story!

Brazil v Germany
    Brazil has so far still continued to underperform. The unfortunate injury to Neymar rules him out.

See: http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...969#post485969

The question is, can Brazil improve such that it can defeat the seemingly near impregnable and unbeatable Germans? I do not think so.

To win and advance the well prepared and smooth German machine – GERMANY!

- http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...342#post486342

Argentina started out as poor with on attack outrageous dependence on Messi's flashes, Angel Di Maria's pace and work-rate and on hard-working defensive work.

Gradually the defense became its hall-mark overshadowing Messi's flashes, Di Maria's actions. The leader became apparent - Javier MASCHERANO.

Javier MASCHERANO - Match through succeeding match he has been a tower of strength. Calm, deliberate, rock-solid on and in defense! A conductor from the back and during midfield forays. ...a provider of killer balls! He has been consistently brilliant.

They shall have their first real test...as although they were second best to the Dutch for long periods that Dutch examination should prove as naught compared to that which shall be given by the wonderful Germans.

Even if Messi joins Mascherano with master-class performance...collectively, the Germans as TEAM unit shall overwhelm!

To take the FIFA World Cup Trophy - GERMANY

--------------

3rd place?
    What is that?

Brazil v Netherlands

I hope the Netherlands give Brazil a win!
    If a real match is played rather than a farce - To win Netherlands
    Last edited by Karl; July 10, 2014, 06:40 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I thought Belgium was the first real test for Argentina? Remember...then when you got that wrong yuh jumped on the Netherlands bandwagon...Argentina were second best to the Dutch for long periods? Karl you are clueless

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      I thought Belgium was the first real test for Argentina? Remember...then when you got that wrong yuh jumped on the Netherlands bandwagon...Argentina were second best to the Dutch for long periods? Karl you are clueless
      Didn't you point out to me that my prediction on Belgium was off?
      ...and did you see the match Argentina against the Netherlands?

Let me help you with a recall - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches...tatistics.html - and that within the context of Belgium not living up to its potential.

Here is my preview of that match -
      Argentina v Belgium
      Belgium has found its stride and the collection of TOP OF THE WORLD individuals has become TEAM. The match versus the USA was just what the doctor ordered. The USA presented strong, hard-running, combative and resilient opponent that forced the Belgians to be at its best on organization, defending and attacking, movement and passing. Were it not for Tim Howards magnificent display in goal the USA would have been swamped.
      The best unit display the Belgians have presented and one of the best in this tournament. A repeat performance could see Argentina not just defeated but over-run.

In this tournament Argentina has not played as well as we would expect of an Argentine team. In terms of organization and tactics this is the poorest team left in the competition. The Belgians should provide pressure and probes in every area of the field for each Argentine player's weakness.

Stats: Scroll down to> Scoring - Attacking - Defending - Passing
      Argentina - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/t...tatistics.html

Belgium - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/t...tatistics.html
      To win and advance - Belgium

- http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...397#post485397
      ...and postscript
      Belgians: Loaded with brilliant players…and with play in their previous match holding promise of formation into TEAM unit. Sadly in the *last match a TEAM was still not created. The post-mortem will be seeking to find out what happened within the camp that caused that potential of excellent TEAM unit to not materialize.

- http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...342#post486342
      *Should have been -
      Sadly in this last match a TEAM was still not created.
      The point I was making is, that in the match v Costa Rica they flattered and in this match referenced i.e. v Argentina, they deceived=did not play up to expected standard!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        The point I was making is, that in the match v Costa Rica they flattered and in this match referenced i.e. v Argentina, they deceived=did not play up to expected standard!
        why you think it is they "did not play up to expected standard" Karl? yuh tink is USA dis? have you not seen Argentina's stifling team defence? yuh blind? we shut them down...just as we did netherlands...they had one and two flashes and that was it....tired a yuh hot air now...just siddung one side...yuh team get 7 and a bawl down the place go join dem

Comment

why you think it is they "did not play up to expected standard" Karl? yuh tink is USA dis? have you not seen Argentina's stifling team defence? yuh blind? we shut them down...just as we did netherlands...they had one and two flashes and that was it....tired a yuh hot air now...just siddung one side...yuh team get 7 and a bawl down the place go join dem
          You need to watch the match and note when and where Belgium gave away the ball -- i.e. passed directly to an Argentinean player...or ignored a killer pass for a 'silly one'...etc.

Watch the match again.

My TEAM?

Comment

just watched it...i saw a swarming Argentinian team defence overpower another of your sides

Comment

just watched it...i saw a swarming Argentinian team defence overpower another of your sides
              The following sums up your willingness to work at understanding the game:
              You can lead a horse to water...

Comment

but yuh cyaan force him to pick up 7-1

Comment

The final - Half-time

Appears to be the most intense and fastest game of the tournament. Should have been 1 - 1. Clear one-on-one 'keeper chances missed by both teams. Argentina from open play (poor back pass from Germany) and the Germans from set-piece (corner).

Which set of players can best withstand the pace or will the pace drop as both TEAMs prove unable to match the first half frenzy?
                  Phew! Tired just watching!

From tactical point: Open game!
                  Germany greater possession and probing just off-center down the middle and wide on the right...occasionally from the left (twice?)

Argentina making quick counters... Messi has proven faster than the German defenders. Again most attacks are just off-center...mainly from the right.

Technical skills of players extremely high as demanded by high quickness and pace.

One important technical failure - Philip Lamn's failure to hit a one-time cross at pace at desired height. His time was just off and the ball flew high... He must be cussing himself as Klose was in full flight and would have met that ball at or about the penalty-spot. (Sweet play...but for the mistimed cross).

Exciting game!
                  Last edited by Karl; July 13, 2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

That 1st half seems to have 'killed' the players. Much more moderate pace. ...and now (88min) compared to the 1st half, it is a walk about!

Comment

Amazing to see the Germans stumbling all over the place. Tired players in dangerous areas. 3 of the back 4? ! Done!

I would have thought that would be the Argentines with tired heavy legs!

Comment

and yet, somehow...someway...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          and yet, somehow...someway...
                          Yup!
                          ...and once again the number of clear cut chances and when they occurred proved that the TEAM that lost was very unfortunate to lose.

The best team in the tournament won...but on the day the team that got the most 'gimmies' lost! There but for the 'bounce of the ball'?

Comment

"unfortunate" how? they got their chanes and did not convert? is that unfortunate or sloppiness?

in that case the reggae boyz have been unfrtunate for a long time...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

[QUOTE=Gamma;487590]"unfortunate" how? they got their chanes and did not convert? is that unfortunate or sloppiness?

in that case the reggae boyz have been unfrtunate for a long time...[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X