Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Suarez profit for Liverpool

Potential Suarez profit for Liverpool

Liverpool originally purchased Suarez on a 5.5 year deal from Ajax in the January 2011 transfer window for a reported £22.8m. Suarez’s transfer fee was amortised to around £4.1m annually (£22.8m / 5.5 years).

Suarez then signed a (presumed) new 5-year contract in August 2012. The remaining book value of the transfer fee at the time of his new deal was £16.65m as around 1.5 years of the original transfer fee (£6.15m) had been amortised. Therefore £16.65m amortised over the new 5-year deal meant a new amortisation cost of £3.33m per season.

Then in December 2013, he signed a new 4.5 year deal. Almost 1.5 years of his re-amortised total figure of £16.65m had been amortised which reduced his total unamortised value by £4.99m (£3.33m x 1.5 years) to £11.66m His annual amortisation cost became £2.57m (£11.6m / 4.5 years) or £214,000 per month.

If you are still with me (!), depending on the exact figures that Barcelona are willing to pay for Suarez, an initial conservative £70m transfer fee minus the remaining £8.89m (£11.6 – £1.71m) which is 8 months further amortisation (£214,000 x 8 months December ’13 to July ’14 inclusive) gives Liverpool a total accounting profit on the Suarez sale of £61.11m. Therefore, with £9.6m in lower wages [1], £2.57m lower amortisation costs and £61.11m estimated profit on the sale, Liverpool may show an annual profit improvement of around £73.2m.
    http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/07/ffp-...ion-of-suarez/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

you are going to be disappointed .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Why?
      ...a club - (inclusive of Barcelona) - may come in willing to pay more for him? ...or Liverpool may decide to keep him?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        you are going to be disappointed .....
        Why? City selling Touré? LOL!!! X is trying hard to convince himself he is a Liverpool man...ain't gonna happen...I am here to remind him of his true loyalties!!! LOL!!!
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

58 million looks like the price.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/rumours?ICID=AR_FS_3

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So wha happen to hundred and odd? Remember Neymar is out so the price should go up
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I told X a long time ago, if the guy had a 70million pound release clause in his contract, if he wants to leave and the buying club is prepared to pay, then Liverpool would not have any negotiation leverage to push up the price. It just makes sense to me.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The thing is Suarez seems like he wants to leave. After last season some of the same thing, Liverpool must be tired and wanting the distraction over. Barca must have sense this and maybe push the flame somewhat too.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

suarez is a complicated individual....very very VERY complicated

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    I told X a long time ago, if the guy had a 70million pound release clause in his contract, if he wants to leave and the buying club is prepared to pay, then Liverpool would not have any negotiation leverage to push up the price. It just makes sense to me.
                    It makes sense to you because you have sense. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for X. That's why there is a disconnect.
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                    X