• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diego aint partial

Maradona angry at officials in Brazil-Colombia game

By Amy Lopez 23 hours ago Dirty Tackle

.View photo

Argentine soccer legend Diego Maradona watches the group F World Cup soccer match between Argentina and Iran at the Mineirao Stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, Saturday, June 21, 2014. (AP Photo/Victor R. Caivano)

For complete World Cup 2014 coverage visit Yahoo Sports and follow @YahooSoccer
    He’s at it again.
    Former Argentina star Diego Maradona criticized FIFA yet again for its stance on referees following the quarterfinal match between Brazil and Colombia, which saw the latter team eliminated 2-1.
    The foul-ridden game inspired Maradona's rant on his TV show, “De Zurda." The Argentine legend linked referee Velasco Carballo, who called a very poor game, with an alleged plan from FIFA to help the host nation advance to the semifinals. According to this conspiracy theory, FIFA wants Brazil to win their sixth championship at all costs.
    [Video: Brazil impressive win over Colombia]
    ”I think they made a great choice with the referee, especially in those crucial moments when Colombia had the better chance in winning the game,” the former World Cup champion said.
    Maradona also accused David Luiz of “systematically trying to injure James Rodriguez by fouling him six times and the ref never once pulled out a card.”
    “This is the worst ref I have seen in the last 10 years,” he declared before saying that both Hulk and Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar should have received red cards during the match.

More. . .
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...171038640.html
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Originally posted by Westman View Post
    Maradona angry at officials in Brazil-Colombia game

By Amy Lopez 23 hours ago Dirty Tackle

0 shares

Content preferences

Done

.View photo

Argentine soccer legend Diego Maradona watches the group F World Cup soccer match between Argentina and Iran at the Mineirao Stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, Saturday, June 21, 2014. (AP Photo/Victor R. Caivano)

For complete World Cup 2014 coverage visit Yahoo Sports and follow @YahooSoccer
    He’s at it again.
    Former Argentina star Diego Maradona criticized FIFA yet again for its stance on referees following the quarterfinal match between Brazil and Colombia, which saw the latter team eliminated 2-1.
    The foul-ridden game inspired Maradona's rant on his TV show, “De Zurda." The Argentine legend linked referee Velasco Carballo, who called a very poor game, with an alleged plan from FIFA to help the host nation advance to the semifinals. According to this conspiracy theory, FIFA wants Brazil to win their sixth championship at all costs.
    [Video: Brazil impressive win over Colombia]
    ”I think they made a great choice with the referee, especially in those crucial moments when Colombia had the better chance in winning the game,” the former World Cup champion said.
    Maradona also accused David Luiz of “systematically trying to injure James Rodriguez by fouling him six times and the ref never once pulled out a card.”
    “This is the worst ref I have seen in the last 10 years,” he declared before saying that both Hulk and Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar should have received red cards during the match.
    I have been saying that "all professional sports are fixed". The only one I wasn't sure of was WC soccer, but given the fact that FIFA is the world's biggest organized crime entity, along with the Cathlic church, and having watched every game in this current tournament, I am now comfortable in saying all professional sports, including WC soccer are fixed. They know what results the want and the fix it for the results

Comment

Maradona is a flipping idiot .... chances are he was high when he made those statements. If the game was fixed, why was Colombia given a penalty (deserved) when they could have scored again to tie the game? If the fix was in why was Silva given a a yellow card (deserved) when it would cause him to miss the semis? If the fix was on, why was a good goal by Hulk waved off? Maradona grabs any chance to be in the spotlight.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Collateral damage... Otherwise, how it wouda really look?
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Maradona is a flipping idiot .... chances are he was high when he made those statements. If the game was fixed, why was Colombia given a penalty (deserved) when they could have scored again to tie the game? If the fix was in why was Silva given a a yellow card (deserved) when it would cause him to miss the semis? If the fix was on, why was a good goal by Hulk waved off? Maradona grabs any chance to be in the spotlight.
          Lazie, whether you agree with Maradona or not, I would caution you to put your head on a block for FIFA. Nothing where they are concerned would surprise me. Nothing!
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Open your eyes, Lazie.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              Lazie, whether you agree with Maradona or not, I would caution you to put your head on a block for FIFA. Nothing where they are concerned would surprise me. Nothing!
              Not defending FIFA, but other than the penalty against Croatia, what is there for anyone to claim a conspiracy?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Open your eyes, my friend. Don't be so willing to be deluded.

Comment

Exactly.

Keep bringing up those inconvenient truths.

FIFA is rotten, but IO dont see them conspiring to get Brazil into the SF. Brazil has reached far enough to suit FOFA's purposes already.

Brazil got the first yellow and that forwardleft his foot hanging to get that openalty as he could not beat the defender to the ball. Clever but obvious.

The Neymar foul was just plain nasty and deserves a bigger ban that what Suarz got. Same for the french who bruk the Naja leg/foot.

Comment

Lazie is right!

Comment

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                      X