RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spencer, yard roots, greatest Ecuadorean ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    Another source in Ecuador was the 4000 Jamaicans imported for labour by the English railway builders in the Guayaquil to Quito line in the very early 1900's.
    That makes sense, because Ecuador does not border the Caribbean Sea, Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic. Panama, Costa Rica, Venezuela and ColOmbia do, so I can understand our people washing up on those shores.

Interesting stuff!

So, yuh mean maybe the Captain should try looking for players for the Reggae Boyz team from these countries not just from the English leagues?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nice Islandman, nice, Nuff stories have been lost over the years.

Comment

Many Jamaicans were employed in this section of the route; and many a Jamaican finger, hand, and life was lost.
        Fascinating story, indeed!

I wonder if either of my Ecuadorean friends know why Jamaicans live in Ecuador.

With all these Jamaicans seeking work in Panama, Ecuador and elsewhere, including England, in large numbers, I can't help but wonder if there was just nothing happening on the island. This kind of migration seeking work happens to this very day!

I must tell you though, my friends speak about Spencer as if they were speaking about Pele. They are quick to remind me that he still has the record number of goals for the Copa Libertadores, record they say will never be broken.

Walter Spencer, Alberto's son, appears on a YouTube I was watching re the player. Walter was married to my co-worker's sister.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl read through this thread for more Ecuadorian Jam roots detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Yuh think the Captain will try and get him for the 2018 campaign?
            Mi clavicle!!

I don't see why not
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Apparently one of his grandsons plays for an Argentinian called Riu Boca and is eligible for a call up to Jamaica as Spencer held a Jamaican passport as his father left land in upper Port Royal parish!!

So what you would call all like him, Antartic snow balla!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                Apparently one of his grandsons plays for an Argentinian called Riu Boca and is eligible for a call up to Jamaica as Spencer held a Jamaican passport as his father left land in upper Port Royal parish!!

So what you would call all like him, Antartic snow balla!!
                SnowBall tuh di Whirl
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Bruk out biz!

Comment

Working...
                  X