Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suarez on his way....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...barcelona-move

I have to agree with Paul Schoals. Suarez type of player is more suited for a team like Real Madrid than Barca.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

ronaldo is too big a personality and presence at real madrid for such a transfer to work. there is only so much oxygen in any one room.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        ronaldo is too big a personality and presence at real madrid for such a transfer to work. there is only so much oxygen in any one room.
        The same can be said for Messi. If he doesn't like you, then you are hardly likely to succeed at Barca.He has to like you to be prepared to give you a gulp of the oxygen in the room.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

As if any player or number of players can dictate transfer policy in these two Goliaths transfer policy...if Real wants ,real will get....screw Ronaldo.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

"Barcelona wanted Luis Suarez to apologise," he said. "It is also part of an appeal that will surely reduce his ban.

"I realise many people feel cheated as he has apologised before. Biting shouldn't be done but can be corrected and Chiellini has accepted the apology, so who are we not to do the same?"

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I am sure that the players themselves do not directly dictate transfer policy. Management on the other hand hold these players in high esteem and in an effort not to upset "the apple cart", they will handle their transfer policy so they do not upset these players around which they have built their teams. To do otherwise would be like shooting themselves in the foot. It would be careless of management to think "screw Ronaldo" and hope it would not affect team chemistry and their bottom line.

Comment

Out of Chiellini's hands from it got to FIFA to make a ruling. It is commendable that Chiellini has forgiven Suarez, but that has nothing to FIFA needing to take an action on Suarez's actions.

Comment

lol.....you are talking spain, you have heard of the galaticos.I mean football.You guys are in some ivory tower of football.Player sensitivities is half of it, the other bigger part is marketability or the commercial side of football.

What Saurez has done for pool,bite and all has brought us mulitimillions,and he was very disruptive,need i remind you, we fought to keep him after the Evra and Ivanovic incident,when he literally gave up on pool and demanded an exit,pretty sure that didnt sit well with the other players.

Comment

lol.....Apology has nothing to do with FIFA lol.....we will see how far the Barca apology gets,lets see if the ban gets reduced,then tell me what role FIFA/BARCA politricks played in it..

Very niave...yuhthink a Jamaica diss ?

Comment

Player sensitivities is half of it, the other bigger part is markettability or the commercial side of football.
                      Point made and well taken. So it cannot be "screw Ronaldo" after all if player sensitivity is half of it. I know you can make sense some time.

Comment

Hope you got the (Paul speak) the other bigger half..hehe...talking out of both sides of my ass.

Comment

I did not say anything about apology having anything to do with FIFA.

Frankly, I think the ban should be reduced. I actually think they should not ban him from training with his team while on ban. I think that is excessive.

So far, Barca have not appealed the ban as they do not have rights to the player. Liverpool have appealed and it was slapped back by FIFA. Uruguay Football Federation have appealed and we await that decision.

Comment

LOL...TOO FUNNY,so you have heard the concept of working in tandem in a bizniz to achieve an objectve,just a question you think its possible that all of the above you mentioned are working behind the scenes to reduce the ban for common interest ?

Just asking it would be naive for anyone to think that a repeal of the Ban is soley on one entity,especially with him being transfered.Heck Fifa `flipped already and said he can train with Barca.

Just asking.

Comment

Working...
                            X