Good game USA;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good game USA;

you did well. Congrats to Belgium for the win.

First of all let me say that Belgium is over rated and all hype. If they were good as how the media people is saying;the US should have been beaten 3 nil without extra time. Belgium is just a younger version of Spain (pass quickly in the middle then spring the ball forward in the final third). This is why the US carried them to extra time. The speed of their number nine affected the US but Klinsman still outwitted Wilmot with Green's intro. Had it been Germany or Brasil (when Brasil was Brasil), Belgium would have been beaten. Belgium went into shock after the US goal and began watch the US play. If the US was more technical, Belgium would have been out of the tourney. Matter of fact if the US was more technical, the game would not go to extra time.

On the commentators: You have this English guy talking sideways about the US (some subtle putdowns) and you have Twelman constantly talking about how talented the Belgium team was and how they haven't reach their potential. I said to myself "this guy can't play football" What would he have done if he saw real talent? That means Colombia is talented and not at their full potential. I'm going to mute my TV for the Brasil game and just play music. Seriously

Lalas was saying yeah we need more technical youth on this US team. Don't believe him Lalas and that guy Twellman (sp) don't know talent. I think lalas is the gate keeper for the youth program. Expect to see the same phsyical players with little technique being given to Klinsman to work with. I won't even comment on some players that played for the US yesterday. They hardly tackle and when they receive the ball the bass it back to who pass it to them. At the same time other players had to work in the back then run all the way up to help in attack.

Taylor Twellman is a Klinsmann hater.

Now embarrassed he is trying to dial back his criticism of Klinsmann but his true colours still shine through. Egg on his face!!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Disagree with you that Belgium is overhyped.
      They are a very, very good team. Could be in the final. - Fast, now organized...extremely skillful front man, the youngsters Eden Hazard and young Divock Origi.

Divock Origi is da bomb!!!!
      This guy plays so sweetly it brings emotional hurts just watching! Fast, quick feet, great one-on-one skills, powerful shot...good passing! Could work more on defense...but has extremely good players around him.

This TEAM is dangerous! ...very dangerous!!!
      Germany v Belgium match in the final would be potentially 'da match' (of the tournament)!!!!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl do you remember Nigeria of 94? Mi did rate that team. Now go back and watch the game vs Arg of 94 ( you will see what real talent can do). If Kondolowski (sp) was technical and skilled (using instep under pressure) You would sing a different tune today.

Stand by my words over rated.

Comment

that was the game that you attended? where was it, in atlanta?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Belgium is talented, plain and simple. Some of the best young talent in the competition. If I could have found Zico's article on them, I would share it with you.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Yuh mean good game to di keepah, dem wouldah get bout dozen if ah nevah him. Belgium overrated kah dem nevah win going away. Merica get suh much ball, dem couldah save some till next world cup. Call di ting right nuh, ah nuh bias.

Comment

First of all let me say that Belgium is over rated and all hype. If they were good as how the media people is saying;the US should have been beaten 3 nil without extra time.
                And I guess by that same logic, Brazil is way overrated. Remember, Mexico is a team that had to play off with New Zealand's team from Oceania for the 4th spot from CONCACAF. Brazil struggled to score against CONCACAF's 4th best and even had to settle for a 0-0 draw. I guess this should mean Brazil is all hype as they couldn't score or win against Mexico.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Brasil is Hype? Tilla the world knows that Brasil fielded a weak team (by Brasil's standards). I said they are not what the media is hyping them (Belgium) about. The US exposed them. The same way Costa Rica exposed Holland. I would not be surprised to see Arg. in the final.

The same thing I saw was what Klinsman saw. Klinsman knew Belgium could be taken; it's really the second goal that did him and the USMNT in.

Comment

The US exposed them
                    Yes, the US exposed them for sure. Imagine if Howard was not able to save those 16 shots on goal, would we be holding this discussion?

I always said that Belgium was loaded with talent. I questioned if they would play as a team when in the situations that demanded it. Against the US, it was not a problem about not playing as a team as they dominated the US but did not put away the opportunities. Good teams do that all the time.

Comment

There you go parroting the media. Boss mute yuh tv and watch the game. You would be surprised at what you see. You don't understand the game. This is not basket ball. Tim is there for a reason. That Chance that Kondoloswki (sp) missed spoke volumes.

Okay so they lost their talent against Arg? Plauuuze all hype.

see talent here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RrmZHqmMzs
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlloKYagq0g

Comment

Jawge, the discussion was about Belgium and the USA. The USA was outclassed by Belgium, which is my opinion. Belgium failed to score the numerous chances they got and the US could have gotten back into the game in the final minutes. Not taking anything away from the US, but that is the way I saw it. Not parroting anything (which seems to be your favorite counter when you lack argument), as I am quite capable of watching and forming my own opinions, unlike you.

Argentina can be considered a luckier side than Belgium in their game.
                        Hey, I am a lover of the game and do not allow my opinion to be swayed by you, the media or basketball (which I do not follow anyway).

Comment

Luckier? Tilla that says everything. If Belgium was that good could the US get back in last mins of extra time? Small wonder Arg. dun di likkle rux side

Mi done talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                            Karl do you remember Nigeria of 94? Mi did rate that team. Now go back and watch the game vs Arg of 94 ( you will see what real talent can do). If Kondolowski (sp) was technical and skilled (using instep under pressure) You would sing a different tune today.

Stand by my words over rated.
                            Well Jawge...the TEAM I thought they would become never happened. As fact, in this last match the players performed as worse TEAM than in their previous match. ...and that was a shame.

Comment

Jawge, you have every right to "done talk", as you are not making sense!
                              Belgium was that good could the US get back in last mins of extra time?
                              You only watch football when it is World Cup time or Brazil is involved in an international friendly, so I have to see with you. It is evident you lack the understand and experience from even a spectator standpoint to be holding this discussion. Brazil struggled to beat Chile with Neymar, so Brazil is overrated?

Like you, I am done as this is a discussion in futility with the way you argue and your outlook on the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X