RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats Belgium!!! You deserve the win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Belgium!!! You deserve the win.

Klinsman!!! You have some very good young players to continue with.......Green, Yedlin & Brooks (who played & scored 2 goals), and a host of others in Europe & here.

TEAM USA!!!.......PROUD OF YOUR PERFORMANCE.

Agreed. The USA played just about as well as they could be expected to play in all four games. Any team that I support which does that will not get any complaints from me.

Today the better team won, no shame in that.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes, a performance the team, coach and American fans can be proud of.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

And this perhaps explains why kilnsmann said that they would not win the World Cup

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

USA seems to have had a better game against Germany. They were able to score two against the Germans, but in this game, they seemed to give the edge to the Belgians who had the them on the backfoot for most of the match. Using the USA as a benchmark, would you say the Belgians should have the edge over the Germns on Saturday? I know football is not decided that way and have to be played on the field, but for argument's sake...
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I guess I was having a Karl moment. Belgium will play Argentina, not Germany.

Comment

Need a life line?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Also, The US did not score a goal against Germany, they scored two on Portugal.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yes it was ghana that scored 2 against germany

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    USA seems to have had a better game against Germany. They were able to score two against the Germans, but in this game, they seemed to give the edge to the Belgians who had the them on the backfoot for most of the match. Using the USA as a benchmark, would you say the Belgians should have the edge over the Germns on Saturday? I know football is not decided that way and have to be played on the field, but for argument's sake...
                    Belgians came out on edge (desperate?) and from the first whistle played at frenetic pace. The Germans were more deliberate in action.

That higher level of pace took away from the USA just that little time and space that ensured they were not as comfortable and organized as against the Germans.

So many times the Belgians disrupted the USA attempts at keeping possession... ~sigh ! ~
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Show you how a glass of wine mess up my cognitive functions!
                      In future, when I am in such a state, I will refrain from posting. Yes Gamma, throw me that lifeline nuh!

Comment

I would not say Belgium came out desperate. they realized that the US usually come out "and take the game to teams". Their plan was to take the US out of their game, hence, maintain possession, and put the US under pressure from early and it worked.

I always said the Belgians had the more talented side, but I thought Klinsmann would have the upper hand over the less experienced Marc Wilmots, the Belgian coach. That was not to be however.

Comment

Yep, no question the better team won. But we gave them a good scare at the end though!
                          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                          - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                            Yep, no question the better team won. But we gave them a good scare at the end though!

Y'all did well! Coming from me...yuh done know!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                              Show you how a glass of wine mess up my cognitive functions!
                              In future, when I am in such a state, I will refrain from posting. Yes Gamma, throw me that lifeline nuh!
                              SHADY PINES! shaaaaaaaaaaaaady piinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnes! Laugh&roll:
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X