Again, let me resurrect the point, Karl gwaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, let me resurrect the point, Karl gwaan

hol' a seat. How the fornication yuh ago leave Carrick at home and have Henderson a run round inna midfield? Henderson even though he has improved leaps and bounds cyaan mek a fornicating pass like Carrick, cyaaan takkle like Carrick ... cyaan speed up the pace like Carrick .... cyaan slow down the pace like Carrick. What was Roy smokin'? As Me said .... and I think he is right .... Carrick should have played in another league.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

And let me guess. Carrick in a ManUre player, Henderson isn't?

Man, you can certainly defend ManUre players! Is there a Chance you rate Carrick more because you are more familiar with his game?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      And let me guess. Carrick in a ManUre player, Henderson isn't?

Man, you can certainly defend ManUre players! Is there a Chance you rate Carrick more because you are more familiar with his game?
      if it was about MU v non MU players I would have mentioned Cleverly, or even those sitting on the bench.

Let me remind of a quote I saw

"Only four players in the top five European leagues average more passes than Carrick this season (Xavi on 98.9, Arteta on 85.5, Pirlo on 80.4, Yaya Toure on 80.3, Busquets on 79.1 and Carrick on 76.2) which has lead some to claim Carrick’s style of play is not suited to England’s game."

How many English players were mentioned?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Coaches will always use whatever criteria to select people they want into their squad. Maybe the English coach thinks Carrick is a bit long in the tooth (33 years) when compared to Henderson (24 Years).

So because Carrick averaged in the top ten in passes this season means he should be a shoe-in for the national side? You do not think Hodgeson has a right to pick the players whose game match the style and tactical formation he is deciding to play?

Lazie, I hate to tell you this, but you defend ManUre players a little too much! Anyway. . .
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Liverpool players played crap, Sturridge gets a 6.5, Sterling a 6, Johnson 6, and Henderson 5.5 and Gerrard 6. ...Oh mi figget Suarez get a 9.5 ! wid one foot..
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Coaches will always use whatever criteria to select people they want into their squad. Maybe the English coach thinks Carrick is a bit long in the tooth (33 years) when compared to Henderson (24 Years).

So because Carrick averaged in the top ten in passes this season means he should be a shoe-in for the national side? You do not think Hodgeson has a right to pick the players whose game match the style and tactical formation he is deciding to play?

Lazie, I hate to tell you this, but you defend ManUre players a little too much! Anyway. . .

Long in the tooth? How old is Pirlo again? Why is it England fans lamenting about having a player like Pirlo, when Carrick, who isn't as good as Pirlo is the closest thing they have? Look at the entire midfield, How many players have as much winner's medal as Carrick? Mek mi help yuh, all a dem togther equal Carrick league winner's medal. I find it strange Xavi and others rate Carrick's work but as you say ..."....has a right to pick the players whose game match the style and tactical formation he is deciding to play"

What's the style and tactical formation? Hope and pray?

Comment

Pirlo, Roger Milla and a few others are the exception, not the norm. I do not know why Hodgeson decided to leave out Carrick. As I said, he may have his reasons in relation to fit, tactical awareness, style etc. I am not defending Hodgeson as I really don't care if he went and picked some players from a local Sunday league. I am only pointing you to considerations that could have gone into the player selections.

What's the style and tactical formation? Hope and pray?
              I see you are primed for an argument. Anyway, as I said, I do not feel strongly enough about England's side to take you up on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                hol' a seat. How the fornication yuh ago leave Carrick at home and have Henderson a run round inna midfield? Henderson even though he has improved leaps and bounds cyaan mek a fornicating pass like Carrick, cyaaan takkle like Carrick ... cyaan speed up the pace like Carrick .... cyaan slow down the pace like Carrick. What was Roy smokin'? As Me said .... and I think he is right .... Carrick should have played in another league.
                v Uruguay! - Henderson was great today!!!
                Carrick would not have been able to 'live' with the pace of this game.

Aside: Henderson has been good so far - v Italy and now v Uruguay.
                It has been Sturridge's losing of the ball too often that has been the main bug-bear...however in this 2nd match (Uruguay) the young players -Sturridge, Sterling, Welbeck and Barkley had 'on-the-ball' problems. Combined 'they stunk up the place'!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It is crazy!

Was funny too see one rabid Arsenal playing cheering for Suarez yesterday though. I guess the disike for England was strong.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X