X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, it don haffi rain fi dem fi get wet neidah
    Peter R

Comment

Mandzukic should have got a card for cheating as well.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You didn't explain why (IF YOU ARE RIGHT) that is any different than a regulation foul... I do not see any card there for the Croatian at all.

Anyway, this topic is starting to go in circles. You may have the last word sir.
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          You didn't explain why (IF YOU ARE RIGHT) that is any different than a regulation foul... I do not see any card there for the Croatian at all.

Anyway, this topic is starting to go in circles. You may have the last word sir.
          Blocking a player when you don't have the ball is legal?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Blocking a player when you don't have the ball is legal?
            Unfortunately, Mandzukic wasn't blocking Song. Their paths crossed with Mandzukic being slightly ahead of Song.

The attached shows the paths of both players. Consider Mandzukic traveling a little faster than Song and getting slightly ahead when they came close together.

So to answer your question as to whether it is leagal to block when you do not have the ball. That does not apply as Mandzukic wasn't blocking.
            Attached Files
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

IF he (Mand) were blocking him (Song), is it "cardable"? We see players do this all the time and we call it shielding the ball or "shepherding" it out of play when they have no intention of playing the ball. Mandzukic wasn't doing that in the least, I know. Mo, I think, is suggesting it was worthy of a card?! Must be something in the "Pisco" he drank with them Chileans... LOL
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X