Why is Big Phil reluctant to use a dedicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Big Phil reluctant to use a dedicated

creative/attacking midfielder in the middle = Hernanes???
    I think that would give them more options & versatility when attacking.
    If Hulk is fit, he should start as the striker. His size, strength, power & work rate would cause problems for opposing defenses & wear them down.
    Next, Neymar on the left; Hernanes in middle; Oscar on the right.
    Behind them Gustavo, as the dedicated defensive midfielder, covering Marcelo & Alves when they overlap; Paulinho as the box to box midfielder (he hasn't been impressive so far, but that could change if they incorporate a dedicated creative/attacking midfielder).

Fernandinho over Paulinho for me.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Let me guess - Fernandinho is a Chelsea player? I really don't know since I don't follow that thing as much as I should. (puke!)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Continue show your ignorance. No, Fernandinho is not a Chelsea player.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I told you I did not know! But some a unnu gwaan like unnu club players must start fi country!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

is excluding the youth from pool a bad move

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              I told you I did not know! But some a unnu gwaan like unnu club players must start fi country!
              yuh second sentence made laugh out loud
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Lucas is another defensive/box to box midfielder. They already have Gustavo, Fernandinho & Paulinho.
                I don't see Phil using a dedicated creative/attacking midfielder that plays behind the striker, like he did in 2002 with Rivaldo.....I think Hernanes is the player that best fills that role in this team. With Hernanes in the middle and Neymar & Oscar on the wings & roaming it will give a more versatile & multi-dimensional attack.

Comment

Cutinho

Comment

Talented player, but I didn't expect Cutinho to make the squad. I think he has only made 2 appearances for the senior team (since '10). He would've had to have a Suarez-like season to have a legitimate chance of breaking into the squad.

Comment

Working...
                    X