X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yard DNA to Babylon's rescue

... Talent abounds!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Excellent work by both Sterling and Sturridge.

England-pool is playing a refreshingly attractive game.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yep... their game doesn't even look like the usual Wimbledon stuff
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

No genetical link but Rooney is deserving.
        England has no problem once they get the ball out of their half.
        Balloteli has not even factored yet and Italy is still and offensive threat.
        Hart seems to have his doubts about his back four and defensive mid which is why he routinely looks for Sterling.....
        Looong kicks likely to be preferred in the second half.
        Last edited by Rockman; June 14, 2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

England need more midfield pressure allowing Italy

too much time on the ball. Second half they should pressure Pirlo more, upset his passing
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Look like they ran out of steam with 30 minutes left in the game.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The humidity in Manaus at 7pm was 70%... so while the temperature was 28C or 82F that would have translated into a much hotter feeling for the players as the their sweat would not evaporate into the air as easily at a lower humidity. At 100% humidity sweat will not evaporate into the air.

The teams that play in Manaus, northern Brazil and in the rainforest where the humidity is high, will have to deal with that and it appears that the conditions affected the English players more than the Italians...note who suffered from cramps. I don't remember seeing any Italians on the ground.

I think the next match RH should start with Barkley over Welbeck. i alo would have subbed off Sterling and not Sturridge but Sturridge looked like he was suffering from something.

Sterling had a decent game BTW, had the first assist on the pass to Rooney then to Sturidge that resulted in the goal. Before that, his initail strike at goal had me fooled. I thought it had gone in. After that he didn't get too many clear opportunities. The Italians always had seven or eight men back.

This group is now wide open as Uruguay and England are now in a position where thay have to win their next two. The England and Uruguay game jus tun up!
              Peter R

Comment

Sturridge was substituted because of injury concerns.I would not have taken Sterling off as he was instrumental in advancing the ball forward for England.
                The only team without glaring problems is Costa Rica.
                There is a disconnect between Balotelli and his supporting cast,despite the fielding of the capable Pirlo.The ease in which England was able to ask questions of Italy defense too is telling.
                England has defensive and midfield woes.
                Suarez has to carry Uruguay on his shoulder if they are to have any chance....
                My guess is England will beat Uruguay and have serious problems with Costa Rico.
                In fact,even Italy will have to be very careful when playing Costa Rico.

Comment

The Italians flew in the morning of the game. Maybe that strategy worked?

The rain is another issue. Which idiot decided to build a world cup stadium in a rain forest? Isn't it expected to rain very often in a rain forest?
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X